When you’re looking for cost no object, closed back dynamic headphones that are easy to run with a portable device, Focal Stellia offers a new solution.
Focal is a French speaker company that is also heavily invested in headphones. The company does not shy away from cost-no-object models and today it has announced a new closed-back headphone, the Stellia ($3000). According to the company, Stellia possesses next-generation 40mm “M-shaped” beryllium dome drivers that can cover 5 Hz to 40 kHz.
These are full-size headphones that utilize a vented closed-back design for extended-based response. It also incorporates sound absorptive EVA foam that prevents standing waves from forming inside the earcups. And interestingly, the company says it developed a robot that is specific to the manufacturing requirements of the Stellia, Which shares the headband and yoke mechanism developed for the company’s flagship headphones, the Utopia.
These headphones are available in two finishes, designated cognac and mocha. They come in a custom case with two cables, one measuring 3 m that’s for use with high-end headphone amplifiers with an XLR connection, and the second for use with mobile devices, measuring 1.2 m and possessing a 3.5 mm stereo jack. That’s right, you can rock $3000 headphones with your portable player! Impedance is 35 ohms and sensitivity is 106 dB, these truly are easy to drive headphones!
The ear cushions of these headphones are made of full grain leather and feature 20 mm of memory foam for comfort. These headphones way 0.96 lbs (435 g). They will be available for purchase from Amazon shortly, when they are I’ll posed a link.
You can read more about these pricey but certainly desirable headphones by clicking here.
Key Points (Taken from Focal.com)
• Reference closed-back headphones for home and on-the-go use
• Exclusive full-range speaker drivers with an ‘M’ shape pure Beryllium dome (patent pending)
• Uncompromising tonal balance, reproduction of the tiniest sound details at both very high and very low frequencies
• Incredible dynamics within a pair of closed-back headphones
• Excellent performance when connected to a portable audiophile player
• Very good ambient noise soundproofing
• Comfortable and ergonomic
• High-quality materials used