Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-11-2018, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
torii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 6,153
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2984 Post(s)
Liked: 1652
ETHEREALEXS-CV Silver Plated 4x Shielded Component Video Cable 12.9ft

many sizes, outstanding silver plated, double shielded, etc...the key is they come single cable each channel...so you get 3 separate cables for $3.


retail $160 for 3 bucks


I use em for rca's but you could make em into anything


http://www.accessories4less.com/mak...-cables/1.html

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
torii is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 12-11-2018, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wlhungdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 265
well... I see a 3.2 ft and a 6.4 ft set for $3.99, and a 8.6 and 12.9 set for $4.99... BUT....


it's still from AC4L... and I'll never give them another dime. Rat bastards sent me 2 bricked AVR's and made me pay return shipping. After lying and attempting a bait and switch... Hell no.

of course, YMMV

Joseph

mods, can we have a 'dislike' button ?

Last edited by wlhungdude; 12-11-2018 at 07:41 PM.
wlhungdude is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 12-12-2018, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
humbland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,307
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
many sizes, outstanding silver plated, double shielded, etc...the key is they come single cable each channel...so you get 3 separate cables for $3.


retail $160 for 3 bucks


I use em for rca's but you could make em into anything


http://www.accessories4less.com/mak...-cables/1.html
Great deal, except that shipping costs twice as much as the cables...Any way to get free shipping?
humbland is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 Old 12-12-2018, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
torii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 6,153
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2984 Post(s)
Liked: 1652
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Great deal, except that shipping costs twice as much as the cables...Any way to get free shipping?

I paid 7.99 shipping...they have a dropdown box....true they arent amazon prime


these cables are very, very well constructed and have all the buzz words like japanese cable, silver coated, twisted, all that jazz

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
torii is online now  
post #5 of 7 Old 12-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
markg35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
I paid 7.99 shipping...they have a dropdown box....true they arent amazon prime


these cables are very, very well constructed and have all the buzz words like japanese cable, silver coated, twisted, all that jazz
Thanks for the link!I ordered a couple sets.They'll replace some Monoprice ones that are kind of loose fitting.
markg35 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 12-13-2018, 03:16 PM
Member
 
Ghost Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlhungdude View Post
well... I see a 3.2 ft and a 6.4 ft set for $3.99, and a 8.6 and 12.9 set for $4.99... BUT....


it's still from AC4L... and I'll never give them another dime. Rat bastards sent me 2 bricked AVR's and made me pay return shipping. After lying and attempting a bait and switch... Hell no.

of course, YMMV

Joseph
Report them to the BBB?

I recall hearing about some of their bricked AVR aftsr I had mine on the way, I was nervous needless to say, but luckily it worked and continues to work. Sorry you were one of the unlucky ones though.
Ghost Recon is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 12-13-2018, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wlhungdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Recon View Post
Report them to the BBB?

I recall hearing about some of their bricked AVR aftsr I had mine on the way, I was nervous needless to say, but luckily it worked and continues to work. Sorry you were one of the unlucky ones though.
It happened many years ago. I certainly hope they've improved. The fact they're still in business would indicate they have. I hope so, as having more options is always better for the consumer.

I also am very much aware that my experience was not what 99% of their customers go through. I am glad for that also. My only gripe is how they handled my purchasing experience. It wasn't good. Again, I realize it is a rare occurance, but it is possible. Just be sure to read and understand their return policies thoroughly and completely.

of course this is all IMO, and YMMV

Joseph

mods, can we have a 'dislike' button ?
wlhungdude is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Great Found Deals



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off