Forum Jump: 
 287Likes

post #541 of 559 Old 01-09-2019, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 32
It is going on two weeks and I am yet to receive my "key" from CalMan. I assume that following the winter break, the CalMan staff was deployed to the CES as no one in sales is around to answer the phone. Fair enough. As I wait, I have a couple of question which perhaps some kind CalMan user with far greater technical knowledge that I possess can help me answer.
1). I've read that the z9f is "CalMan ready." What does this mean?
2). I've downloaded the program for the Home Enthusiast AutoCal. Does the AutoCal mean that I do not need to purchase a separate meter but that the meter so-to-speak is built into the program itself?

I've got a bunch more questions but I will not press my luck beyond these two questions. I've looked at some of the CalMan tutorials and cannot discern from them answers to the two questions I've asked above.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 559 Old 01-10-2019, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4685 Post(s)
Liked: 3339
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrgwjj View Post
It is going on two weeks and I am yet to receive my "key" from CalMan. I assume that following the winter break, the CalMan staff was deployed to the CES as no one in sales is around to answer the phone. Fair enough. As I wait, I have a couple of question which perhaps some kind CalMan user with far greater technical knowledge that I possess can help me answer.

2). I've downloaded the program for the Home Enthusiast AutoCal. Does the AutoCal mean that I do not need to purchase a separate meter but that the meter so-to-speak is built into the program itself?

I've got a bunch more questions but I will not press my luck beyond these two questions. I've looked at some of the CalMan tutorials and cannot discern from them answers to the two questions I've asked above.

Thank you.
1, This means there is a Calman app you use in the TV that directly communicates with Calman for AutoCal.

2, No it means that with that enthusiast license you can use the AutoCal function. You need a meter such as the i1display pro or c6hdr both available in Calman website.

Don't forget you also need a PC with an Intel/GeForce video card in it or you'll need to purchase a separate compatible pattern generator. Another option is to get an Amazon FireTV and use Calman mobleforge to generate the patterns.
@WiFi-Spy can you help get his license?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #543 of 559 Old 01-10-2019, 08:58 AM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Quoted: 10226 Post(s)
Liked: 5907
Quote:

Thank you.
Did you look at these specific tutorials?

http://spectracal.com//Documents/QSG...ence Guide.pdf

http://sonyglobal.akamaized.net/is/c...AN-updated.pdf

They should provide the information you are looking for.
shoman94 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #544 of 559 Old 01-10-2019, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 1659
Quote:

Thank you.

We looked through all our orders and don’t see any orders from you. Can you confirm that you purchased a license key?
shoman94 and jrref like this.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Evangelist - for CalMAN

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
post #545 of 559 Old 01-10-2019, 10:10 PM

Tyler, I received this message from CalMan after downloading the software. It said that a key was forthcoming. I expected at the time that I would be told how much it would cost and an entry for my credit card.

Thank You for Downloading CalMAN Home Enthusiast

CalMAN Home Enthusiast is for home theater enthusiasts who want to calibrate their own TVs or projectors. With the added ability to create 3D LUTs for video processors and calibrate computer monitors, as well as manually calibrate a TV, it is the complete tool for a DIY calibration.

You will receive an email from our team shortly, which includes all the info to activate your CalMAN Home Enthusiast software. A valid license key is needed to use CalMAN Home Enthusiast. If you would like to purchase CalMAN Home Enthusiast, or any of our other display calibration solutions, please click on the button below.

Last edited by abrgwjj; 01-11-2019 at 12:07 AM.
post #546 of 559 Old 01-11-2019, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Tyler, I received this message from CalMan after downloading the software. It said that a key was forthcoming. I expected at the time that I would be told how much it would cost and an entry for my credit card.

CalMAN Home Enthusiast is for home theater enthusiasts who want to calibrate their own TVs or projectors. With the added ability to create 3D LUTs for video processors and calibrate computer monitors, as well as manually calibrate a TV, it is the complete tool for a DIY calibration.

You will receive an email from our team shortly, which includes all the info to activate your CalMAN Home Enthusiast software. A valid license key is needed to use CalMAN Home Enthusiast. If you would like to purchase CalMAN Home Enthusiast, or any of our other display calibration solutions, please click on the button below.
That was just for downloading I believe. You need to click the link, below it says if you want to purchase home enthusiast please click below to purchase the software.

Rolls-Royce likes this.

Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+

Last edited by shoman94; 01-11-2019 at 04:37 PM.
post #547 of 559 Old 01-11-2019, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
That was just for downloading I believe. You need to click below it says if you want to purchase home enthusiast please click below to purchase the software.

I agree. It appears the OP did step A (free download) but not step B, which is to actually make the purchase.
shoman94 likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 01-11-2019 at 11:49 AM.
post #548 of 559 Old 01-11-2019, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Unfortunately, that's a generic message sent whenever someone gets the software from the downloads page, even those of us who already own it. You can install what you have which will run in Demo mode only, meaning no actual measurements can be made. You have to initiate the additional separate step of purchasing a key.
shoman94 likes this.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #549 of 559 Old 01-11-2019, 09:16 AM

I am not anxious to stir a debate. I just want to get my CalMan. My patience was thinning as I waited for a hell-of-a-long time to receive my z9f. Now its thinning even more as I wait to get my CalMan. I clearly misunderstood the web site and the message I received from the company--although CalMan needs to work on making the wording on its web site and its follow-up messages more intelligible to laymen and persons of the meanest intellect (which includes me when it comes to technical matters). I thank everyone for their comments and advice in this matter. Now, off to buy my CalMan.
post #550 of 559 Old 01-11-2019, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am not anxious to stir a debate. I just want to get my CalMan. My patience was thinning as I waited for a hell-of-a-long time to receive my z9f. Now its thinning even more as I wait to get my CalMan. I clearly misunderstood the web site and the message I received from the company--although CalMan needs to work on making the wording on its web site and its follow-up messages more intelligible to laymen and persons of the meanest intellect (which includes me when it comes to technical matters). I thank everyone for their comments and advice in this matter. Now, off to buy my CalMan.
Understood, and good luck.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
post #551 of 559 Old 01-11-2019, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
Snip
Would you recommend Ictp 720 for the Sony A1E auto cal,like you suggested for the Z9F or the default JNd..Thanks

65 Sony A1E-Oled - Calman Home Ent/C6 HDR2000
Denon - 7200WA - Mirage Speakers
Roku Ultra/Sony UBP-800X/4K Firestick
post #552 of 559 Old 01-12-2019, 03:56 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Looking good.... Hey when you do screenshots press Alt then Print See. This way it doesn't take a screenshot of both screens.

For some reason alt + print sceen doesn't work
Shouldn’t it be shift+print? Anyway, the snipping tool is much better cause you can also cut the useless part of the screenshot.

Audio/Video Chain: Pioneer PDP-LX5090H, Pioneer VSX-921, Panasonic DMP-BDT260EG, Wharfedale Diamond 10.4 | External LUT box: Entertainment Experience eeColor
Calibration softwares: Light Illusion Lightspace CMS HTP, Portrait Displays/Spectracal CalMAN Home Enthusiast 2018, HCFR, DisplayCAL/ArgyllCMS
Probes: x-rite i1 Pro 2, basICColor DISCUS | Test Pattern Generator: DVDO AVLab TPG
post #553 of 559 Old 01-12-2019, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger.miki View Post
Shouldn’t it be shift+print? Anyway, the snipping tool is much better cause you can also cut the useless part of the screenshot.
I use Microsoft OneDrive for all my calibration stuff. It's quick while I'm calibrating I take a screenshot and it's automatically saved as a file instantly. No need to use any editing software like paint. Alt-print does the active window.
Sure I could use all kinds of other methods but it's more time consuming. If I want to clip anything after it's easy enough to use the snipping tool sure......

post #554 of 559 Old 01-13-2019, 04:06 PM
** Man of Leisure **

On my Oppo 203, under the HDR Settings Menu, I can set the HDR target output level for a number of different settings from 50 nits to 1600 nits. It is currently set to 300 nits. What setting should be used for the Z9F, or does it make any difference?
post #555 of 559 Old 01-13-2019, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked: 2601
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
On my Oppo 203, under the HDR Settings Menu, I can set the HDR target output level for a number of different settings from 50 nits to 1600 nits. It is currently set to 300 nits. What setting should be used for the Z9F, or does it make any difference?
For any fully HDR capable display you shouldn't touch it. That value only comes into play when using the OPPO tone mapping (with doesn't work). Just leave the OPPO in AUTO everything for a fully HDR capable display. If you have questions, suggest the OPPO thread.
AustinJerry likes this.

Sony XBR75Z9D
Marantz SR8012
OPPO UDP-203
post #556 of 559 Old 01-13-2019, 06:05 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
For any fully HDR capable display you shouldn't touch it. That value only comes into play when using the OPPO tone mapping (with doesn't work). Just leave the OPPO in AUTO everything for a fully HDR capable display. If you have questions, suggest the OPPO thread.
I have HDR set to Auto, but the Target Output Level has no Auto setting. So you are saying it doesn’t matter?
post #557 of 559 Old 01-13-2019, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked: 2601
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
I have HDR set to Auto, but the Target Output Level has no Auto setting. So you are saying it doesn’t matter?
That is correct, doesn't matter if you have HDR set to On or AUTO. I was just about to edit my previous response to say nevermind, I see you got your answer in the OPPO thread. Best advice is to follow any guidance given by Bill or Bob when it comes to the 203.
AustinJerry likes this.

Sony XBR75Z9D
Marantz SR8012
OPPO UDP-203
post #558 of 559 Old 01-17-2019, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi forum members,

Happy New Year to all of you! I'll be receiving my 75Z9F tomorrow and am excited about it. I tried searching in both the official Z9F forum thread and this thread to see if anyone posted their settings post calibration that I can try on my set tomorrow, but don't really see one except a much older posting by Thomas.

Would anyone be so kind as to share your latest settings please that I can use on my set? Will greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
post #559 of 559 Old 01-17-2019, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Quoted: 3707 Post(s)
Liked: 4420
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkngan View Post
Hi forum members,

Happy New Year to all of you! I'll be receiving my 75Z9F tomorrow and am excited about it. I tried searching in both the official Z9F forum thread and this thread to see if anyone posted their settings post calibration that I can try on my set tomorrow, but don't really see one except a much older posting by Thomas.

Would anyone be so kind as to share your latest settings please that I can use on my set? Will greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Why do you think you need to start changing settings on a new TV? Your not seeing a lot of postings because there isn't much to do. Just use Custom or Cinema and adjust the brightness and motion, if necessary, to your liking and read what Thomas posted. .

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration