Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 01-04-2019, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
White Clipping problem

Hello, I have a LG 19LS4D and i'm trying to calibrate it with the AVS MP4 pattern with my PS3, I'm in HDMI PC Mode and i have only access to Luminosity, Contrast and Color Tone, I can usually switch to HDMI DTV for more settings but there is a huge overscan and my picture looks very dirty, so I stay in PC mod and the problem is with the White Clipping Pattern, I can set the contrast at 100 or even 0 but the 230-234 bars still flash, i"m asking if i have to choose another pattern in another folder for my tv, i already try to switch RGB mode/Super White mode on my TV but nothing happen.
Martyss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 01-04-2019, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 7,387
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2690 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyss View Post
Hello, I have a LG 19LS4D and i'm trying to calibrate it with the AVS MP4 pattern with my PS3, I'm in HDMI PC Mode and i have only access to Luminosity, Contrast and Color Tone, I can usually switch to HDMI DTV for more settings but there is a huge overscan and my picture looks very dirty, so I stay in PC mod and the problem is with the White Clipping Pattern, I can set the contrast at 100 or even 0 but the 230-234 bars still flash, i"m asking if i have to choose another pattern in another folder for my tv, i already try to switch RGB mode/Super White mode on my TV but nothing happen.
Hi, seems you are suffering from some sort of levels clipping.

PS3 natively clips above 235, to resolve this, you have to output YCbCr and enable the Super White of PS3, after that the bars above 235 will be visible, if they are not visible then your HDMI PC mode will be responsible or other setting of the LG.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
post #3 of 8 Old 01-04-2019, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for the reply, i tried what you said but same, the LG is pretty old (2007-2008) and has a poor amount of settings, the pattern black clipping work perfectly but what matter if idk the contrast cannot be set, I am wondering if PC Patterns would be correct for this TV i mean the TV settings are exactly like monitor settings , luminosity, contrast and colour tone and nothing else. Sorry for the english i'm french
Martyss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 01-04-2019, 02:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 7,387
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2690 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyss View Post
Thanks for the reply, i tried what you said but same, the LG is pretty old (2007-2008) and has a poor amount of settings, the pattern black clipping work perfectly but what matter if idk the contrast cannot be set, I am wondering if PC Patterns would be correct for this TV i mean the TV settings are exactly like monitor settings , luminosity, contrast and colour tone and nothing else. Sorry for the english i'm french
When you enable PC HDMI of a display, you disable a lot of processing (so some calibration controls will be disabled) and TV also expect that you you will send PC levels.

AVSHD disk (or movies) are using Video levels.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
post #5 of 8 Old 01-04-2019, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Okay so that must be the TV because even in DTV this is the same story, in fact i already tried to set contrast with the THX optimizer of a DVD and even at 100 for both mode the 4 block were perfectly disctinct, so we can think that i must set my contrast at 100 but after that in game or even in a movie the picture looks to white/grey like if the color control of a standard TV was at 35/100 just disguisting, there is no cinema mod on this tv.
Martyss is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 01-04-2019, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 7,387
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2690 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyss View Post
Okay so that must be the TV because even in DTV this is the same story, in fact i already tried to set contrast with the THX optimizer of a DVD and even at 100 for both mode the 4 block were perfectly disctinct, so we can think that i must set my contrast at 100 but after that in game or even in a movie the picture looks to white/grey like if the color control of a standard TV was at 35/100 just disguisting, there is no cinema mod on this tv.
Don't use THX Optimizers available inside of movie titles, most of the times are inaccurate. (THX Calibration Blu-Ray is accurate)

Use a dedicated calibration disk only, AVSHD is fine.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
post #7 of 8 Old 01-04-2019, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Alright but i think i'm gonna give up, there is no review, no topic of this TV about settings, i even tried to search settings of other models of LG TV came out the same year for getting clue but mess, i have a Iphone 5C with a DeltaE of 1,2 so i will take an image and i will try to set the contrast until the picture of my TV looks approximatively like the Iphone Picture i know this is stupid but i have no choice thanks for your help
Martyss is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 01-05-2019, 03:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 7,387
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2690 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyss View Post
Alright but i think i'm gonna give up, there is no review, no topic of this TV about settings, i even tried to search settings of other models of LG TV came out the same year for getting clue but mess, i have a Iphone 5C with a DeltaE of 1,2 so i will take an image and i will try to set the contrast until the picture of my TV looks approximatively like the Iphone Picture i know this is stupid but i have no choice thanks for your help
There no need to see what settings other people are using, each setup is different and calibration settings also.

The best iPhone I have measured had ~ about 3dE, see: http://01900888.com/forum/139-d...l#post55263488

but... iPhone X had about 2dE:http://01900888.com/forum/139-d...l#post56643984

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off