Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-09-2019, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Bt1886 or powr law 2.4?

Hi all and happy new year

I want to ask is it more recommended to use bt1886 or a pure power law? And can i calibrate 2.4 for bright room at 150 nits? Is this possible and recommended? I will be re calibrating with teds lightspace, thus im asking the above for advise

Also on the 10 point gamma adjustment: should the white line sit above the yellow line or just below it of you know what i mean?

Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-09-2019, 03:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked: 3275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedagreat90 View Post
Hi all and happy new year

I want to ask is it more recommended to use bt1886 or a pure power law? And can i calibrate 2.4 for bright room at 150 nits? Is this possible and recommended? I will be re calibrating with teds lightspace, thus im asking the above for advise

Also on the 10 point gamma adjustment: should the white line sit above the yellow line or just below it of you know what i mean?

Thank You
Hi, what display do you have?

When you have OLED (zero nits measured black), the target luminance per each grayscale step between BT.1886 vs. pure power low 2.4 is exact the same.

For day view you can calibrate using values between 2.2 - 2.4, with 150-300 nits (where there a lot lights/windows etc.).

The yellow line is the target line, when the gray line is above means that its lower the gamma (so its brighter in Y than the target gamma, you will have to reduce RGB balance to reduce luminance).

When the gray line is below the yellow line, its higher the gamma, so its darker vs. your target gamma, you have to increase luminance.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #3 of 4 Old 01-09-2019, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thanks Tedd. By the way its an LCD. I ill just use pure power law i take it so 100 nits for night 2.4 and 2.3 150-200 nits day. So on calman i will input a custom target of power law 2.3 correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-09-2019, 07:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked: 3275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedagreat90 View Post
So on calman i will input a custom target of power law 2.3 correct?
Yes, select gamma formula 'Power' with target exponent '2.3'.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration