2019 LG OLED Calibration and User Settings (No price talk)
This thread is dedicated to the calibration and user settings for the 2019 LG OLEDs.
The thread will focus on the following:
1) The new Internal Test Pattern Generator.
2) The new HDR Tone Mapping Options and Calibration.
3) Calibration using the Calman LG Autocal process which will allow direct manipulation of the sets internal lookup tables.
4) Gray Scale, CMS, Color Volume, HDR Tone Mapping and Luminance accuracy to include 20%, 50%, 75% and 100% scans to see how the set performs overall.
5) Pros and cons of using alternate white points with this specific set.
6) Recommendations, tips, or other productive suggestions on how to properly calibrate this set and overcome any issues.
7) Near black detail, posterization and any other PQ pro's and con's specifically related to calibration.
8) Performance and user settings for SDR, HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG..
9) General discussion of CM Autocal on any new TVs as it relates to comparison with LG's implementation.
The idea of this thread is to encourage contributions from Home Enthusiasts and the Professionals and build a calibration knowledge base with factual, useful information that all can learn from and use as we proceed through the model year.
This thread is NOT for comparisons to other OLEDs for purchasing, for complaining about or posting pictures of Banding and or Tinting, or sharing calibration settings, or "unproductive" discussions of any "hack" that has no technical basis or merit.
This is going to be a very exciting model year with LG's new Alpha 9 V2 processor and all of the picture processing improvements they have promised along with Calman's LG Autocal calibration process
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
Last edited by jrref; 01-11-2019 at 07:19 AM.