1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paulo Teixeira

post #1 of 4 Old 11-07-2018, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 60
JVC HC550 4K 60fps camcorder. Live streaming capabilities.

ENG camcorders from JVC. Can record to ProRes, can shoot in 4K 60fps and has live-streaming capabilities.
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/f...l_id=MDL102556
Tom Roper likes this.

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; 11-11-2018 at 12:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-08-2018, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 405
It is nice to see the stability within an organization that values good people. Craig Yanagi has long been a respected industry person for JVC.

I don't think this camera series will offer the extreme low light or dynamic range for my particular usage; this JVC is broadcast focused, but I am sure it will perform with aplomb in a broad variety of usages including ENG, documentary, event, and at very competitive price points and advanced features.

HDR Colorist and Conversions
INTO THE CAVE OF WONDERS
Directed by MANUEL BENITO DE VALLE Produced by PEDRO PABLO FIGUEROA
Cast MANUEL ANGEL REINA, CLAUDIA GARROTE
LOVETHEFRAME STORIES, SOUNDTRACKS AND FILMS
post #3 of 4 Old 11-08-2018, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 128
From my past experience I'm kind of leery of JVC products. Their cameras have typically been equipped with more features than the competition, i.e. Sony and Canon, and the prices have always been lower, often significantly more so. What got me a bit turned off was the actual field performance of the cameras that resulted in either sub-par quality of the footage itself or handling or control quirks such as stabilization, focus and some other IQ parameters such reliability of the white balance etc. Their ENG cameras prior to the HD era seemed to be very good however.

I do not know if this new series of their ENG cameras would be the same as their offerings over the past few years but only hope they have ironed out the weaknesses that have turned many of potential buyers off. In the current ENG market Sony looks to have cornered all the sectors, 2/3" interchangeable lens shoulder mounted, 1/3" and 1/2" fixed lens medium-sized handycams and even 1" palmcorders like the Z90/NX80. They have an unmatched scale to make these products no one else has.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-10-2018, 10:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 738 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Craig Yanagi was defending the crappy HM100 stabilizer despite that it practically was not there. He is a corporate guy, a rep, he has no name or face. He says what he is told to say.

As for JVC, I burned once, I don't want to burn again. It has lots of great features for attractive price, but something is always wrong. The GZ-HD7 practically had no stabilizer. The HM100 was, I presume, based on HD7 hardware, and sucked as badly. The HM150 was no much better, was bad in low light. The HC170 still does not have a decent stabilizer 10 years later, and overall is very plasticky. I don't know what JVC engineers are doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Camcorders