Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-04-2018, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
DOF Adapter for Vixia HF R82?

So I own a Canon Vixia HF R82 (43mm thread size), and am looking for an afforable DOF adapter. I currently have "Canon fd 50mm f/1.8" 35mm lens, which is manual focus. Basically, I want to put a 35mm prime lens on my camcorder, and have it actually work. I have been looking at products like "Encinema 35mm SLR lens adapter for HD video cameras". This is actually reasonably priced compared to other companies' products.

So, My question is:
Is the encinema adapter my best bet? are there better options for the same price or cheaper? Or am I even looking at the correct thing?

Any help is appreciated, as I am still learning camera and such.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-04-2018, 10:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 738 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Had to check my calendar, is it 2008 instead of 2018.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-05-2018, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 128
How reasonable is the price of that Encinema adapter? Besides the issue of cost, would the size and weight plus the lens be so out of place, handling-wise, on your compact camcorder? Other than this the image quality will take a big hit with anyone of these pre-millennium devices because of the need to project the image from the lens onto a prism as the camcorder is recording from it. The cheaper the adapter, the poorer the image, soft, flare and aberrations-proned.

You'd be better off getting a mirrorless or DSLR if you are really into the shallow depth of field look. Affordable ones are easy to find these days for around US$500 plus a kit zoom lens. You can then use any low-cost fast aperture prime lens of your choice that would shoot video with higher IQ than your camcorder ever could even with a much more expensive DoF adapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Camcorders