Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-05-2019, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 2340
Sony KD55X720E Digital Tuner Help! <RESOLVED>

I grabbed one of these on Prime Day and it has been working flawlessly...until today . I use my antenna as a backup and sometimes like to watch sports OTA, so I switched over to tuner and...nothing. No channels. Okay, rescan...no channels. Check the wiring, looks good. Plug the antenna into a different TV, works perfect. Plug it back into the Sony and rescan, nothing. Reset the TV and scanned one more time...no channels. Is my digital tuner dead, or is there something else I can/should try?

RESOLVED: I was going to delete this, but it may help others...

Apparently there is an issue with the latest software update affecting Sony TV's, where only part of the update is taking effect and causing the digital tuner to function improperly and causing no channels to be received from an antenna. A number of models are affected, including the X720E, X800E, X850E and the X900E. After searching the web and calling Sony, this is the fix:

Switch to your antenna function on your TV and tune to the lowest channel you can receive. Turn off all components first, turn off the TV and unplug it. Leave it unplugged for at least an hour. Plug your TV back in, do not turn on any components, just the TV. You will get a message that a software update is available, choose yes. After it's done, rescan for channels and the ones you receive should be there.

At my age, 'getting lucky' means walking into a room and remembering what I came in for. Crap I Say

Last edited by Nayan; 01-06-2019 at 07:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays