Spent the last week finalizing Ikea cabinet setup. Used Sektion for the wet bar lowers and Besta for the uppers. It was interesting mounting the Besta uppers as we did many pilot holes after hitting a water line beside a stud last week
Fix was easy with a Shark Bite, but still sucked. Been a bit paranoid since about hitting another water line as the wet bar wall backs onto the basement washroom with shower. So tonight we did pilot holes and decided for all but 1 location where we knew for sure there was a stud, to use snap toggle bolts. Used a 1/2" spade bit to drill the holes but would only let the tip to through the drywall, then used a small screwdriver to probe. Glad we did that because at one area, there was some weird metal objet behind (see photo with 3 holes). So we dropped it 1" and were fine.
Also mounted Besta to our side walls with doors for DVD/Blu-Ray storage...Looks great. Quartz counters were templated yesterday by FloForm. Going with Hanstone, Sterling Grey.
Ordered Polk MC80 for the in-ceiling Atmos speakers today for a great deal.
- Install metal stair nosings & LED tread lights
- Install blackout drapes on back wall where window is & side wall where mirrors are. Using Ikea Majgull blackout drapes in grey.
- Have electrician run power for projector & screen, add (2) Cat6 lines, change out all plugs for black, install black Lutron Caseta switches
- Finish plumbing once counters are in.
- Install projector (JVC DLA-X590RB) & screen (Elunevision, 120" 4K Reference Tab Tension 2.35:1)
- Install Theater One Seating, Helios black seats at back row. Doing 2 chairs now, will expand to 4 next year.
- Order and install (2) Wine fridges in wet bar.
- Miscellaneous Decor
- DONE! (for now)