Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-11-2019, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Cisco DTA 170HD Service Menu

I know this is a long shot since it is an old box and rarely used, but does anyone know how to get in the service menu of the DTA 170HD. It's just an HD convert and in my vacation place in FL (the condo fees pay for cable, so I don't pay for it). What I am trying to do is set the default HDMI setting to 1080i. Every time I turn off the TV or change inputs (not the box) it resets to Auto. When it does that, it blinks every time you change the channel and can be quite annoying (especially when searching for something to watch since there is no real guide). Holding the INFO button does bring up a status menu, but doesn't allow you to change anything. I know it's a long shot, but if you know how or if it's even possible, please let me know. Thanks.

Denon AVR-3803 - RTi-70 Fronts - FXi-30 Surrounds - RTi-38 Back Surrounds - Csi-40 Center - PSW350 Sub - Samsung un60JS8000 SUHD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-11-2019, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1873 Post(s)
Liked: 1652
OUTPUT RESOLUTION (HDTVs ONLY) Default setting for Screen Format is “Auto”. To select another format, press MENU . Use the Down button to highlight HDM1 Setup and press OK/ENTER OK ENTER . If you do not have an HDTV, this will always default to “Auto” and will not provide additional options.

If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 5 Old 01-12-2019, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

I set it to 1080, but it always resets back to auto when you turn off the TV. It's not really a big deal, just a pain in the butt since that is the only thing I use that remote for. I was hoping to get into a service menu and make the default setting 1080 instead of auto.

Denon AVR-3803 - RTi-70 Fronts - FXi-30 Surrounds - RTi-38 Back Surrounds - Csi-40 Center - PSW350 Sub - Samsung un60JS8000 SUHD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-12-2019, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2638 Post(s)
Liked: 1782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablorock View Post
I set it to 1080, but it always resets back to auto when you turn off the TV. It's not really a big deal, just a pain in the butt since that is the only thing I use that remote for. I was hoping to get into a service menu and make the default setting 1080 instead of auto.

I have nothing to add I just wanted to comment on your avatar. Very nice

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-13-2019, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
I have nothing to add I just wanted to comment on your avatar. Very nice
Thanks. I did the same to someone else. Your's is nice too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Technical