Forum Jump: 
 507Likes

post #31 of 1044 Old 10-25-2017, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 785
Anyone looking for a free digital copy of Lucy just PM me? Should redeem in MoviesAnywhere and works as 4K/DV on the AppleTV 4K.

Edit: And it's gone.
aaronwt likes this.

Last edited by Balthazar2k4; 10-25-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1044 Old 10-27-2017, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked: 1603
UV code from French 4K+3D Wonder Woman redeemed on US Vudu just fine, UHD version only.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Base PS4, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Philips BDP7502, AV.io 4K
Check out my video game movie edits
post #33 of 1044 Old 11-04-2017, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 785
So, I bought Atomic Blonde on iTunes last night for $14.99 and realized that it showed up as owned in UHD on VUDU. I have my UV and iTunes linked via MoviesAnywhere. Is this normal?

Living Room: Sony 75X940C / Marantz SR-7012 / Martin Logan Motion 60XT, 50XT, Motion 4, Motion FX / 2 x Rythmik FV15HP / AppleTV 4K / ShieldTV / HTPC
Bedroom: Sony 65X930C / Sony HT-ST5000 / Sonos Amp with Sonus Faber Venere 2.5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 1044 Old 11-10-2017, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
So, I bought Atomic Blonde on iTunes last night for $14.99 and realized that it showed up as owned in UHD on VUDU. I have my UV and iTunes linked via MoviesAnywhere. Is this normal?
I think it normally does it the other way? (you buy HDX/UHD in Vudu and then you get UHD free upgrade in iTunes)... I do the Vudu movie Share, so someone in my group (my coworker) bought Atomic Blonde HDX version in Vudu (he doesn't have a 4K tv, so it only gives him options of SD or HDX on his smart tv), and it is HDX in my Vudu, BUT, it is in 4K Dolby Vision in iTunes!!

The price is the same for HDX and UHD for that title (Atomic Blonde) so I asked him to call Vudu to get the free upgrade to UHD.. In the meantime, it is showing as 4K/DV in my iTunes library. I signed up for Movies Anywhere a couple of weeks ago, and it basically deposited 500 or so of my Vudu titles into my iTunes library, my Google PLay library, and my Amazon video library. I only use Vudu or iTunes to watch movies..

He also bought Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them in SD in Vudu. It is SD in my Vudu as well, BUT, it is 4K with Dolby Vision in my iTunes library now.

I have made a list my titles that are showing as 4K HDR/Dolby Vision in Itunes now. I only have 35 titles that are UHD in Vudu, but, I now have 103 titles that are 4K in iTunes.

So, if you have any of these titles in SD/HDX or UHD on your Vudu account, ALL these titles will be upgraded for Free to 4K in iTunes. (The only catch is you have to buy the new apple tv 4k in order to view these in 4K)

here is the list.. sorry in advance for the long post, but hopefully this helps someone out:

here is the breakdown:

2 4K movie without HDR or Dolby Vision (About Last Night and The Perfect Guy)
72 movies with 4K and Dolby Vision
29 movies with 4K and HDR10

TOTAL = 103 4K movies

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Last Night 4K
Alien Covenant 4K (HDR10)
American Sniper 4K (Dolby Vision)
Annabelle 4K (Dolby Vision)
Annabelle Creation 4K (Dolby Vision)
Atomic Blonde 4K (Dolby Vision)
Baby Driver 4K (Dolby Vision)
Bad Boys 4K (Dolby Vision)
Batman vs. Superman : Dawn of Justice 4K (Dolby Vision)
Battleship 4K (Dolby Vision)
Black Mass 4K (Dolby Vision)
Chappie 4K (Dolby Vision)
Chips 4K (Dolby Vision)
Concussion 4K (Dolby Vision)
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 4K (HDR10)
Deadpool 4K (HDR10)
Despicable Me 4K (Dolby Vision)
Despicable Me 2 4K (Dolby Vision)
Everest 4K (Dolby Vision)
Fantastic Beats and Where to Find Them 4K (Dolby Vision)
Fantastic Four 4K (Dolby Vision)
Furious 7 4K (Dolby Vision)
Fate of the Furious F8 4K (Dolby Vision)
Fury 4K (Dolby Vision)
Ghostbusters (original) 4K (Dolby Vision)
Ghostbusters II 4K (Dolby Vision)
Goodfellas 4K (Dolby Vision)
Hidden Figures 4K (HDR10)
Hunstman : Winter's War 4K (HDR10)
I Am Legend 4K (Dolby Vision)
Ice Age: Collision Course 4K (HDR10)
Independence Day 4K (HDR10)
Independence Day:Resurgence 4K (HDR10)
Inferno 4K (Dolby Vision)
Jason Bourne 4K (Dolby Vision)
Jupiter Ascending 4K (Dolby Vision)
Keanu 4K (Dolby Vision)
Keeping up with Joneses 4K (HDR10)
King Kong (2005) 4K (HDR10)
Kingsman: The Secret Service 4K (HDR10)
Kong: Skull Island 4K (Dolby Vision)
Life of Pi 4K (HDR10)
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Dolby Vision)
Logan 4K (HDR10)
Lone Survivor 4K (Dolby Vision)
Lucy 4K (Dolby Vision)
Mad Max: Fury Road 4K (Dolby Vision)
Magic Mike XXL 4K (Dolby Vision)
Man of Steel 4K (Dolby Vision)
Maze Runner 4K (HDR10)
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials 4K (HDR10)
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates 4K (HDR10)
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 4K (HDR10)
Oblivion 4K (Dolby Vision)
Pacific Rim 4K (Dolby Vision)
Pan 4K (Dolby Vision)
Passengers 4K (Dolby Vision)
Prometheus 4K (HDR10)
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter 4K (Dolby Vision)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes 4K (HDR10)
San Andreas 4K (Dolby Vision)
Sing 4K (Dolby Vision)
Snow White and the Huntsman 4K (Dolby Vision)
Spider-Man 4K (Dolby Vision)
Spider-Man 2 4K (Dolby Vision)
Spider-Man 3 4K (Dolby Vision)
Spider-Man: Homecoming 4K (Dolby Vision)
Storks 4K (Dolby Vision)
Suicide Squad 4K (Dolby Vision)
Sully 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Accountant 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Amazing Spider-Man 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Angry Birds Movie 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Bourne Identity 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Bourne Legacy 4K (HDR10)
The Bourne Ultimatum 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Bourne Supremacy 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Conjuring 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Girl on the Train 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Great Gatsby 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Great Wall 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Hangover 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Hangover Part 2 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Intern 4K (Dolby Vision)
The LEGO Batman Movie 4K (Dolby Vision)
The LEGO Movie 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Legend of Tarzan 4K (Dolby Vision)
The Martian 4K (HDR10)
The Mummy (1999) 4K (HDR10)
The Mummy Returns 4K (HDR10)
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor 4K (HDR10)
The Peanuts Movie 4K (HDR10)
The Perfect Guy 4K
The Revenant 4K (HDR10)
The Secret Life of Pets (HDR10)
The Shallows 4K (Dolby Vision)
War Dogs 4K (Dolby Vision)
Warcraft 4K (Dolby Vision)
When the Bough Breaks 4K (Dolby Vision)
Wonder Woman 4K (Dolby Vision)
X:Men Apocalypse 4K (HDR10)
X:Men: Days of Future Past 4K (HDR10)

Bejoy

Theater: Epson 4040 Pro Cinema 4Ke/HDR, 120" SI, Panasonic UB900, Roku 4, ATV4K, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X8500H (7.1.6 Dolby Atmos, 13.1 Auro-3D, DTS:X & Imax Enhanced)
Living Room: Samsung 65JS9500, Samsung UBD-K8500, Roku Ultra, Oppo UDP-203, ATV4K, DT Supercube 6000, URC MX-780, Denon AVR-X4500H, (5.1.2 Dolby Atmos)
Master: Sony XBR-55A1E, Oppo UDP-203, ATV4K, LG SJ9 soundbar
post #35 of 1044 Old 11-10-2017, 12:10 PM

Oh, quick update. I added a new person to my Vudu share (you are allowed to have up to 5 people on it) and his titles have migrated over to my Vudu account. (His titles are all SD or HDX by the way) Out of those titles, 4 of them are now showing as 4K in iTunes now. So, now the total is up to 107 titles that are in 4K now in iTunes.. iTunes is linked to Vudu (via Movies Anywhere) so if iTunes sees a title as "purchased" and it is available at the iTunes store in 4K, you get it upgraded to 4K for free. I mentioned earlier that it happened with Fantastic Beasts (which was purchased as SD on Vudu). I just noticed it is the same for Kong: Skull Island. (my coworker bought that movie in SD on Vudu, so it is SD on my Vudu as well, but it is 4K Dolby Vision in my iTunes library)

So, if you have any of these titles below in your Vudu (SD or HDX), they will upgrade to 4K for free for you as well in iTunes...

Deliver Us from Evil 4K
Hitman Agent 47 (HDR10)
Morgan (HDR10)
King Arthur(Dolby Vision)4K

Bejoy

P.S. Lionsgate, Paramount, and MGM are not on board/participating with Movies Anywhere. So, if you have titles from those Studios in your Vudu account, they will NOT migrate over to your iTunes library.. I have these titles below in my Vudu account, but they do NOT show in iTunes or Movies Anywhere

MGM - Creed and Magnificent 7
LionsGate - Hacksaw Ridge, La La Land, John Wick, John Wick 2
Paramount - Arrival, Fences, Monster Trucks, Terminator Genisys, Star Trek, Star Trek Beyond, Star Trek Into Darkness, Ghost in The Shell

Theater: Epson 4040 Pro Cinema 4Ke/HDR, 120" SI, Panasonic UB900, Roku 4, ATV4K, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X8500H (7.1.6 Dolby Atmos, 13.1 Auro-3D, DTS:X & Imax Enhanced)
Living Room: Samsung 65JS9500, Samsung UBD-K8500, Roku Ultra, Oppo UDP-203, ATV4K, DT Supercube 6000, URC MX-780, Denon AVR-X4500H, (5.1.2 Dolby Atmos)
post #36 of 1044 Old 11-13-2017, 12:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
Official Redeeming 4K/UHD HDR Titles Thread - Redemption Only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejoy View Post
Oh, quick update. I added a new person to my Vudu share (you are allowed to have up to 5 people on it) and his titles have migrated over to my Vudu account. (His titles are all SD or HDX by the way) Out of those titles, 4 of them are now showing as 4K in iTunes now. So, now the total is up to 107 titles that are in 4K now in iTunes.. iTunes is linked to Vudu (via Movies Anywhere) so if iTunes sees a title as "purchased" and it is available at the iTunes store in 4K, you get it upgraded to 4K for free. I mentioned earlier that it happened with Fantastic Beasts (which was purchased as SD on Vudu). I just noticed it is the same for Kong: Skull Island. (my coworker bought that movie in SD on Vudu, so it is SD on my Vudu as well, but it is 4K Dolby Vision in my iTunes library)

So, if you have any of these titles below in your Vudu (SD or HDX), they will upgrade to 4K for free for you as well in iTunes...

Deliver Us from Evil 4K
Hitman Agent 47 (HDR10)
Morgan (HDR10)
King Arthur(Dolby Vision)4K

Bejoy

P.S. Lionsgate, Paramount, and MGM are not on board/participating with Movies Anywhere. So, if you have titles from those Studios in your Vudu account, they will NOT migrate over to your iTunes library.. I have these titles below in my Vudu account, but they do NOT show in iTunes or Movies Anywhere

MGM - Creed and Magnificent 7
LionsGate - Hacksaw Ridge, La La Land, John Wick, John Wick 2
Paramount - Arrival, Fences, Monster Trucks, Terminator Genisys, Star Trek, Star Trek Beyond, Star Trek Into Darkness, Ghost in The Shell

Hate to burst your bubble but it doesn’t work like that. I too thought that was the case in the beginning until other began to point out it wasn’t. Read up on Movies Anywhere or in the Apple TV thread.

So Apple only gives 4k to movie purchase directly in iTunes or movie code directly redeemed in iTunes.

Movies that port over from Vudu via Movies Anywhere will not play in 4K unless the movie is in your vudu as 4k.

There is a easy way to see this. While the movies show 4K HDR in iTunes, once you play a movie ported over from vudu, if you swipe down on the Apple remote and look at the playback resolution you will see you only get HD SDR.

Only movies in Vudu at 4k will port over to iTunes in 4k.

One thing I have been doing the past week is buying up cheap iTunes hd codes online. I added 40 4k HDR Movies just by buying $2-3.00 iTunes HD Digital movies codes which I then redeem in itunes.

This is well covered in the Movies Anywhere thread and Apple TV thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #37 of 1044 Old 11-13-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post
Hate to burst your bubble but it doesn’t work like that. I too thought that was the case in the beginning until other began to point out it wasn’t. Read up on Movies Anywhere or in the Apple TV thread.

So Apple only gives 4k to movie purchase directly in iTunes or movie code directly redeemed in iTunes.

Movies that port over from Vudu via Movies Anywhere will not play in 4K unless the movie is in your vudu as 4k.

There is a easy way to see this. While the movies show 4K HDR in iTunes, once you play a movie ported over from vudu, if you swipe down on the Apple remote and look at the playback resolution you will see you only get HD SDR.

Only movies in Vudu at 4k will port over to iTunes in 4k.

One thing I have been doing the past week is buying up cheap iTunes hd codes online. I added 40 4k HDR Movies just by buying $2-3.00 iTunes HD Digital movies codes which I then redeem in itunes.

This is well covered in the Movies Anywhere thread and Apple TV thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh wow. I never knew that. I don't have the apple tv 4k yet, so I was assuming I had over 100 titles in 4K when I buy the apple tv 4k.. I looked on my iphone, and it was showing those 107 titles I mentioned as 4K. I called into Apple Care and they said that those 100 titles are playing in 4K on my iphone and if I get the new apple tv4k, I would get the 4K streams on my OLED.. (but I guess they gave me the wrong information?). Well, that sucks. I only have 35 titles in 4K on my Vudu account. Maybe I dont need to rush out and buy the apple tv 4k afterall...

I wonder why the Apple Care people told me I was getting them in 4K on my phone? Maybe to ecnourage me to go buy the new apple tv..

Thanks for letting me know!

Bejoy

post #38 of 1044 Old 11-13-2017, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Maybe this will help somebody, or maybe this already completely known, but I thought I'd share my experience about what versions port into iTunes from Movie Anywhere.

I broke down and bought the Apple TV this weekend, my first Apple product ever. My TV doesn't do DV, and I'm just sick of waiting for Vudu to go HDR10 so I can have access to so many movies.

I do have a relatively small collection (20 or so) movies from redeeming UHD discs I bought, watched and sold, or in some instances purchased a code online. What I found confusing, because the Apple TV outputs everything out in 4K HDR, was what version ported over to iTunes in Movies Anywhere. The movie info page just showed the highest available version, not what I owned. And honestly, it wasn't totally easy for to tell from just watching them...I have to say, on 4K movies the Apple TV HDR "upscaling" really looked pretty good.

But luckily, the tvOS 11.2 public beta allows for automatic range switching, so I downloaded that last night. Then I set the ATV to 1080p SDR, and let my TV pick up the switch to HDR, so I could figure out which ones I owned in HDR and which not. (Side note...frustratingly, even after changing the ATV to 1080p SDR, my Sony kept running in HDR mode on everything. I had to reboot my TV to have it see that input as standard until it was fed HDR content).

So this is the version I ended up in iTunes with...(again, I don't have DV so that's not in play here):

Code from UHD disc, redeemed on Vudu: UHD in iTunes

Code from UHD disc, redeemed on Sony (Sony movies): Standard in iTunes

Movie purchased within Sony Ultra: Standard in iTunes

Free Lego Movie for joining Movies Anywhere: Standard in iTunes

Code from UHD disc, redeemed in Fandango: Standard in iTunes

Code from UHD disc, Fox movies redeemed in iTunes: UHD in iTunes

Code purchased off the internet for "HD iTunes" (Ghost in the Shell): UHD in iTunes

Again, this may be already known, but those are what I actually ended up with based on my TV recognizing HDR.
CCsoftball7 and cydeweyz like this.
post #39 of 1044 Old 11-13-2017, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked: 1242
@nclou that seems to be consistent with my findings.
nclou likes this.

Sony XBR75X940C & XBR65A1E Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
post #40 of 1044 Old 11-13-2017, 11:28 AM

So, is it safe to say it is best to redeem all the HD codes in iTunes? That way, if it is available in 4K, you get the upgrade for free since you redeemed it within itunes? I have always redeemed codes within Vudu to make sure it goes to all the people I am sharing with.. But, I miss out on the 4k upgrades..

Also, if I do redeem the HD code in iTunes, then will it port over to Vudu? (since the accounts are all kind of linked via Movies Anywhere) - If so, it makes sense to always redeem in iTunes..

Bejoy

post #41 of 1044 Old 11-13-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
So, is it safe to say it is best to redeem all the HD codes in iTunes? That way, if it is available in 4K, you get the upgrade for free since you redeemed it within itunes? I have always redeemed codes within Vudu to make sure it goes to all the people I am sharing with.. But, I miss out on the 4k upgrades..

Also, if I do redeem the HD code in iTunes, then will it port over to Vudu? (since the accounts are all kind of linked via Movies Anywhere) - If so, it makes sense to always redeem in iTunes..

Bejoy
I just tried this, I redeemed "War for the PLanet of the Apes" in iTunes, and it immediately populated in my Vudu library too!!! (the Movies Anywhere link is sending it to Vudu from iTunes) BUT, it did not deposit the movie in my uv library. (or not yet, at least)... That means, if I redeem on Itunes, I will see it in my Vudu, but potentially the people I share with will not see it.. (it has to be in my UV library for them to see the title).

So, that might be the catch if you redeem all HD codes in iTunes, you miss out on it going into your UV library. It will be in itunes and your own personal Vudu account, but, not shared.

I tried it with the war planet apes movie since that is one of the titles that gets the 4K upgrade if redeemed on itunes. Still dont have an apple tv 4k yet to test it out, but I have been reading the threads on movies anywhere and apple tv.. anyone else notice this?

Bejoy

post #42 of 1044 Old 11-13-2017, 09:15 PM

I just tried the same thing with another movie I just bought. This time i redeemed it within the Movies Anywhere Ap. So, it is showing in my iTunes library and my Vudu library, but it is not in my UV library (since I redeemed it on the MA website).. Just when I thought I was figuring it out, it got more confusing...

It seems if you share on Vudu, then you need to redeem everything in Vudu so that it will deposit into your UV account, making it available to everyone in your share group.. If you want to get the free 4K upgrade, then you redeem in iTunes, BUT, your share group will not even see the HD version of the movie, they wont see it at all when they log onto Vudu. Now I wish I just redeemed everything today in Vudu like I always have been doing... (THe title I redeemed on the MA website was the House, so I am assuming it will not get the free 4k upgrade in Itunes since I didnt redeem it there)

post #43 of 1044 Old 11-14-2017, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by nclou View Post
Maybe this will help somebody, or maybe this already completely known, but I thought I'd share my experience about what versions port into iTunes from Movie Anywhere.

I broke down and bought the Apple TV this weekend, my first Apple product ever. My TV doesn't do DV, and I'm just sick of waiting for Vudu to go HDR10 so I can have access to so many movies.
Well Vudu is adding HDR10 now. It's on XBOX One with the latest app update. Starting to propagate to other platforms.

(still proudly Apple free in this household)
CCsoftball7 likes this.

My opinions do not reflect the policies of my company
post #44 of 1044 Old 11-14-2017, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked: 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
Well Vudu is adding HDR10 now. It's on XBOX One with the latest app update. Starting to propagate to other platforms.

LOL - Yes, Roku Ultra has HDR10 on select titles now. It was just added yesterday (at least that's when I discovered it).

Sony XBR75X940C & XBR65A1E Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
post #45 of 1044 Old 11-14-2017, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post

Yep! You guys can thank me for finally pulling the trigger, so that two days later Vudu could roll out a change they first announced 18 months ago. Your welcome all!

Have to admit, I like what I've seen on the ATV, but the $100 I'd pocket by selling it and picking up a Roku Ultra has me seriously trying to figure out what to do...
aaronwt and CCsoftball7 like this.
post #46 of 1044 Old 11-14-2017, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by nclou View Post
Yep! You guys can thank me for finally pulling the trigger, so that two days later Vudu could roll out a change they first announced 18 months ago. Your welcome all!

Have to admit, I like what I've seen on the ATV, but the $100 I'd pocket by selling it and picking up a Roku Ultra has me seriously trying to figure out what to do...
I have (and been happy with) the Roku Ultra since it came out last year.
CCsoftball7 likes this.

My opinions do not reflect the policies of my company
post #47 of 1044 Old 11-15-2017, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4191 Post(s)
Liked: 4477
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCsoftball7 View Post
LOL - Yes, Roku Ultra has HDR10 on select titles now. It was just added yesterday (at least that's when I discovered it).
Nvidia Shield as well. Though I read that the Roku app will tell you if a movie supports HDR10 while on my Shield the app does not. You have to play the movie and see if it loads up in HDR and displays the HDR10 logo in the upper menu bar.
CCsoftball7 likes this.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #48 of 1044 Old 11-15-2017, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Anyone know if Westworld Season 1 redeems in UHD and if so, do I need to redeem it on a specific service? They want me to redeem it on WB's site which links to UV. Movies Anywhere didn't recognize the code at all.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #49 of 1044 Old 11-15-2017, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
Anyone know if Westworld Season 1 redeems in UHD and if so, do I need to redeem it on a specific service? They want me to redeem it on WB's site which links to UV. Movies Anywhere didn't recognize the code at all.
No. HD only (it's not available in UHD anywhere online, only the discs). And it's not UV either. It redeems on Vudu only and does not port to your UV or MA library.
post #50 of 1044 Old 11-15-2017, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
No. HD only (it's not available in UHD anywhere online, only the discs). And it's not UV either. It redeems on Vudu only and does not port to your UV or MA library.
Then why does the WB site link you to the UV site to redeem I wonder. See picture attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	2316018  

post #51 of 1044 Old 11-15-2017, 02:22 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 8430 Post(s)
Liked: 5322
The back of the Westworld case doesn't show anything about UV or MA.

At least assuming the photo on the Blu-ray site is accurate.

53TB unRAID2--45TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #52 of 1044 Old 11-15-2017, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The picture is correct but it's odd that it even goes through UV at all if there's no option other than Vudu. Doesn't really matter I was just curious about the UHD which if there is none answers my question anyway.

post #53 of 1044 Old 11-16-2017, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
I just tried the same thing with another movie I just bought. This time i redeemed it within the Movies Anywhere Ap. So, it is showing in my iTunes library and my Vudu library, but it is not in my UV library (since I redeemed it on the MA website).. Just when I thought I was figuring it out, it got more confusing...

It seems if you share on Vudu, then you need to redeem everything in Vudu so that it will deposit into your UV account, making it available to everyone in your share group.. If you want to get the free 4K upgrade, then you redeem in iTunes, BUT, your share group will not even see the HD version of the movie, they wont see it at all when they log onto Vudu. Now I wish I just redeemed everything today in Vudu like I always have been doing... (THe title I redeemed on the MA website was the House, so I am assuming it will not get the free 4k upgrade in Itunes since I didnt redeem it there)

Did you have any movies get 4k upgrades that were HDX in Vudu? All mine say 4k until you play them.

Im trying to get fury road and life of pi in 4k itunes but they are UVHD codes. I am told life of pi is foxredeem and will let me use it as a itunes redeem after. I syncd 107 movies from VUDU and not one is 4k itunes when I do the pull down during streaming all HD.
post #54 of 1044 Old 11-16-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Did you have any movies get 4k upgrades that were HDX in Vudu? All mine say 4k until you play them.

Im trying to get fury road and life of pi in 4k itunes but they are UVHD codes. I am told life of pi is foxredeem and will let me use it as a itunes redeem after. I syncd 107 movies from VUDU and not one is 4k itunes when I do the pull down during streaming all HD.
Honestly, I don't know yet.. I don't have the apple tv 4k yet to test it out. (I went to buy one last weekend and they were sold out of the 64GB model. At this point, I should probably get one of the 32GB versions since they are in stock everywhere, and I will only be using it for streaming movies from iTunes to my OLED...)

On my iPhone though, I am showing 107 titles that are 4K HDR/Dolby Vision (107 out of the 552 total titles in my iTunes library). When I hit play on my iPhone, there is no way to tell what resolution it is. I think you have to have the apple tv 4k and do the pull down to see what resolution you are actually getting, so I don't have a way to test this yet. PLus, I was assuming all these 107 titles were 4K, but someone on this thread said that the 4K upgrades only happen for HD movies that you actually redeem in iTunes. That means the HDX movies in my Vudu account that migrated over will probably stay as HD when using an apple tv 4k. I redeemed all my movies in Vudu in order to get the ultraviolet copy in my UV library. I do the Vudu share, and basically it shares all of our ultraviolet copies with each other.. If you redeem a movie in iTunes, you will not get the ultraviolet copy. You have to choose one or the other (not both). So if I redeem the HD code in Itunes, I will get the free 4K upgrade, but, my group will get nothing, not even see the HDX title in Vudu. I will see it though, they will not since I didnt redeem the UV copy..

On this thread someone did say that if it is a UHD movie that you redeem in Vudu (for a title that is UHD in Vudu), then it actually shows up in Itunes as 4K. I redeemed Baby Driver in UHD on Vudu, so technically this should show as UHD in Itunes if I use the apple tv 4k. I have yet to test this out though..

post #55 of 1044 Old 11-16-2017, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Honestly, I don't know yet.. I don't have the apple tv 4k yet to test it out. (I went to buy one last weekend and they were sold out of the 64GB model. At this point, I should probably get one of the 32GB versions since they are in stock everywhere, and I will only be using it for streaming movies from iTunes to my OLED...)

On my iPhone though, I am showing 107 titles that are 4K HDR/Dolby Vision (107 out of the 552 total titles in my iTunes library). When I hit play on my iPhone, there is no way to tell what resolution it is. I think you have to have the apple tv 4k and do the pull down to see what resolution you are actually getting, so I don't have a way to test this yet. PLus, I was assuming all these 107 titles were 4K, but someone on this thread said that the 4K upgrades only happen for HD movies that you actually redeem in iTunes. That means the HDX movies in my Vudu account that migrated over will probably stay as HD when using an apple tv 4k. I redeemed all my movies in Vudu in order to get the ultraviolet copy in my UV library. I do the Vudu share, and basically it shares all of our ultraviolet copies with each other.. If you redeem a movie in iTunes, you will not get the ultraviolet copy. You have to choose one or the other (not both). So if I redeem the HD code in Itunes, I will get the free 4K upgrade, but, my group will get nothing, not even see the HDX title in Vudu. I will see it though, they will not since I didnt redeem the UV copy..

On this thread someone did say that if it is a UHD movie that you redeem in Vudu (for a title that is UHD in Vudu), then it actually shows up in Itunes as 4K. I redeemed Baby Driver in UHD on Vudu, so technically this should show as UHD in Itunes if I use the apple tv 4k. I have yet to test this out though..
Get the 32gb. Only issue is there is some bugs but it pairs well with LG's webos. The itunes codes are cheap it pays for it self.
post #56 of 1044 Old 11-16-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post

Oh, where do you redeem your codes? I think that is right, if you redeem in foxredeem, it should go to your itunes as HD, and then get the free upgrade. I think the free upgrade doesn't happen if you redeem in Vudu. I have Life of Pi, Fury, and Mad Max Fury Road all showing as 4K on my iPhone when I go to my movie library. But, since those movies were redeemed in Vudu, I dont think all three of them will get UHD on itunes. BUT, I think Mad Max Fury Road should be 4K in Itunes, since I have the UHD copy in my Vudu account. (Life of Pi and Fury are both HDX on my Vudu - which is the highest format that Vudu offers for those titles..)

I really need to get an apple tv 4K. But, I dont know if you heard, they are now doing HDR10 on Vudu! I haven't tried it out yet, but I think it started yesterday or the day before. here is a link about it:

http://hd-report.com/2017/11/15/mor...hdr-from-vudu/

And, here is a list of all the Itunes movies that get the free 4K upgrade (again, I have no way to test this yet):

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1505495519

post #57 of 1044 Old 11-16-2017, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3954 Post(s)
Liked: 2181
Quote:
Oh, where do you redeem your codes? I think that is right, if you redeem in foxredeem, it should go to your itunes as HD, and then get the free upgrade. I think the free upgrade doesn't happen if you redeem in Vudu. I have Life of Pi, Fury, and Mad Max Fury Road all showing as 4K on my iPhone when I go to my movie library. But, since those movies were redeemed in Vudu, I dont think all three of them will get UHD on itunes. BUT, I think Mad Max Fury Road should be 4K in Itunes, since I have the UHD copy in my Vudu account. (Life of Pi and Fury are both HDX on my Vudu - which is the highest format that Vudu offers for those titles..)

I really need to get an apple tv 4K. But, I dont know if you heard, they are now doing HDR10 on Vudu! I haven't tried it out yet, but I think it started yesterday or the day before. here is a link about it:

http://hd-report.com/2017/11/15/mor...hdr-from-vudu/

And, here is a list of all the Itunes movies that get the free 4K upgrade (again, I have no way to test this yet):

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1505495519
I'm not sure I trust this list as it says some of the Bond movies are 4k but as far as I know, they have not come back in 4k. Am I wrong?

lujan
438 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #58 of 1044 Old 11-16-2017, 03:24 PM

Oh you are right! I just checked those 4 Bond movies in the iTunes store (on my iPhone) and it shows HD for all 4 of those listed... Maybe it was 4k at one time and not anymore. There was a time when movies were 4k, then hd, then back to 4k, so maybe these haven't come back yet.

Also, there is no longer Vudu share my movies! I just found this out this morning. I was always redeeming codes in Vudu since it would share with my group. I called into Vudu today and they said they were blindsighted by it and they had no warning that UV is discontinuing the Share my Movies program.. If you are already in a group you are ok, but there is no way to add anymore people to your group. I have 4 seats filled out of 5, so now I never get to add someone to that 5th seat!! Maybe they figured out that it was too good of a loophole in getting free movies. I think I will still redeem my UHD codes in Vudu so that it shares, but for some HD codes, I may have to start using iTunes now - especially if it is on the list of movies offered in 4K with HDR..

This is from the Vudu page:

Why don't I see five invitation slots on the UltraViolet Sharing page on VUDU?
Vudu no longer provides the ability to invite new members to an UltraViolet Library.
Date Updated: 11/13/2017

post #59 of 1044 Old 11-16-2017, 04:26 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 8430 Post(s)
Liked: 5322
I've stopped redeeming all my codes for now. Since the last few never even showed up at the UV site. I sent a support ticket with the names of the titles. And their response said that they knew there was an issue with titles not showing up. And that they would contact me when it's resolved. That was several weeks ago.

but the weird thing with all that was that the info must be there at the UV site. Because titles I redeemed at Sony also showed up in my Vudu list. And Vudu should have been getting that info from the UV site. So why the UV site can't show the info, I don't know.

EDIT: Well maybe they finally got the UV site fixed? I just looked and those five or six titles are showing up now.

53TB unRAID2--45TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 11-16-2017 at 04:29 PM.
post #60 of 1044 Old 11-16-2017, 05:01 PM

The UV site is weird. Sometimes if I redeem a title in Vudu, I go to the uv site (myuv.com) and then Sort by purchase date (Newest First) and I see my title right away. But, then if it doesn't show, I have to change the sort to purchase date (Oldest first) and then it shows there.. It is a little weird.

Oh, one more thing I learned today.. I had Black Mass as SD on my Vudu library. I redeemed the HD digital code for Black Mass on Movies Anywhere (I did it here because it should port to iTunes as HD which gives the free 4k upgrade, and it should port over to Vudu as HDX).. So, when I log into Vudu, it is still showing as SD.

-I researched last night and found a forum where people were having similar issues (I guess there is a forum for everything )

They said the solution is to call Vudu and have them Delete your SD copy. So, I did that this morning. Then, I asked them to refresh my connection to MOvies Anywhere. And instantly the customer service lady said "wow, that really worked!" So, I now have the HD version of that movie (Black Mass).. So, if you do redeem some HD codes in Movies Anywhere and your Vudu library is still showing that you own it in SD only, you have to call customer support and ask them to manually delete that SD title and refresh the connection to MA.
aaronwt likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)