507Likes

post #61 of 1044 Old 11-18-2017, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Did you have any movies get 4k upgrades that were HDX in Vudu? All mine say 4k until you play them.

Im trying to get fury road and life of pi in 4k itunes but they are UVHD codes. I am told life of pi is foxredeem and will let me use it as a itunes redeem after. I syncd 107 movies from VUDU and not one is 4k itunes when I do the pull down during streaming all HD.
I finally bought the Apple tv 4K (32GB) yesterday. I played all the movies that I was hoping to have in 4K and of course all the HDX titles from Vudu are still in HD on iTunes.

--I am late to the game and learning how all the free iTunes upgrades work. Read about it for a couple of weeks, and finally had to try it all out for myself.. My list of 107 titles (I was hoping to have in 4K) in iTunes, has dwindled done to only 32 now (this is from doing the swipe down on the apple remote during playback to see what resolution I am actually getting)

The 32 movies I do have (after doing the swipe down to confirm) are from the UHD movies that I have in Vudu. I actually own 36 movies in UHD on Vudu, but 4 UHD titles do not cross over from Vudu to iTunes - (Arrival, Ghost in the Shell, 50 Shades Darker Unrated, and Silence of the Lambs). I then looked on that google docs spreadsheet (on the first post of this thread) and looked for movies that say "There is a code that redeems iTunes 4K (4K code for MA redeem, HD/4K code for iTunes redeem)". There are 80 plus titles in this category that are just HD codes for iTunes redeem. So, if you buy those HD codes for a few $$ each, that is a great way to build your 4K library on iTunes. Just make sure you refer to the sheet before redeeming.

To test it out , I did redeem Despicable Me 2 HD code on Itunes (from a blu-ray I bought years ago) and I redeemed War for the PLanet of the Apes HD code on Itunes (from a code I bought off ebay for $5) and those 2 titles are now showing as 4K in my iTunes when I do the swipe down during playback. So now I am up to 34 4K titles now in iTunes library. I don't know if I really want to spend hours searching for HD itunes codes for ALL the movies I already have(just to get it upgraded), but I will for a few of them (john wick, john wick 2, and maybe a couple of others)

I will definitely do it for the movies I don't have in any of my libraries..

That way for a few bucks I can get a movie i don't even own yet, and have it in 4K in my iTunes library!!

Theater: Epson 4040 Pro Cinema 4Ke/HDR, 120" SI, Panasonic UB900, Roku 4, ATV4K, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X8500H (7.1.6 Dolby Atmos, 13.1 Auro-3D, DTS:X & Imax Enhanced)
Living Room: Samsung 65JS9500, Samsung UBD-K8500, Roku Ultra, Oppo UDP-203, ATV4K, DT Supercube 6000, URC MX-780, Denon AVR-X4500H, (5.1.2 Dolby Atmos)
Master: Sony XBR-55A1E, Oppo UDP-203, ATV4K, LG SJ9 soundbar

Last edited by Bejoy; 11-18-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1044 Old 11-19-2017, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejoy View Post
I finally bought the Apple tv 4K (32GB) yesterday. I played all the movies that I was hoping to have in 4K and of course all the HDX titles from Vudu are still in HD on iTunes.

--I am late to the game and learning how all the free iTunes upgrades work. Read about it for a couple of weeks, and finally had to try it all out for myself.. My list of 107 titles (I was hoping to have in 4K) in iTunes, has dwindled done to only 32 now (this is from doing the swipe down on the apple remote during playback to see what resolution I am actually getting)

The 32 movies I do have (after doing the swipe down to confirm) are from the UHD movies that I have in Vudu. I actually own 36 movies in UHD on Vudu, but 4 UHD titles do not cross over from Vudu to iTunes - (Arrival, Ghost in the Shell, 50 Shades Darker Unrated, and Silence of the Lambs). I then looked on that google docs spreadsheet (on the first post of this thread) and looked for movies that say "There is a code that redeems iTunes 4K (4K code for MA redeem, HD/4K code for iTunes redeem)". There are 80 plus titles in this category that are just HD codes for iTunes redeem. So, if you buy those HD codes for a few $$ each, that is a great way to build your 4K library on iTunes. Just make sure you refer to the sheet before redeeming.

To test it out , I did redeem Despicable Me 2 HD code on Itunes (from a blu-ray I bought years ago) and I redeemed War for the PLanet of the Apes HD code on Itunes (from a code I bought off ebay for $5) and those 2 titles are now showing as 4K in my iTunes when I do the swipe down during playback. So now I am up to 34 4K titles now in iTunes library. I don't know if I really want to spend hours searching for HD itunes codes for ALL the movies I already have(just to get it upgraded), but I will for a few of them (john wick, john wick 2, and maybe a couple of others)

I will definitely do it for the movies I don't have in any of my libraries..

That way for a few bucks I can get a movie i don't even own yet, and have it in 4K in my iTunes library!!
Ok if you need more codes message me I know there is a better way to buy then eBay. Also if no direct iTunes codes you must redeem a 4K code. Also no XML codes will go 4K.

I did get life of pi in iTunes through foxredeem. Haven't found a way to do Warner Bros. Btw life of pi was amazing even that it's not "real4k".

I bought transformers last knight, Warcraft, and the mummy for $5.50 for all three with iTunes HD codes which can be bought cheaper.
meles likes this.
post #63 of 1044 Old 11-19-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Ok if you need more codes message me I know there is a better way to buy then eBay. Also if no direct iTunes codes you must redeem a 4K code. Also no XML codes will go 4K.

I did get life of pi in iTunes through foxredeem. Haven't found a way to do Warner Bros. Btw life of pi was amazing even that it's not "real4k".

I bought transformers last knight, Warcraft, and the mummy for $5.50 for all three with iTunes HD codes which can be bought cheaper.
Great! I will send you a message. I would love to be able to get 3 movies for $5 instead of just one
(Just last night I bought 4 codes and I spent $17.50 for that lot of codes)

What is XML code?

Also, speaking of redeeming, I searched around my desk for all my old code sheets i redeemed throughout the year and I found a few (9 titles so far) that said Redeem in UV or iTunes.. Of course, I redeemed all of those in Vudu, so I figured they were used and were all trash, but NO!! THey all still work in iTunes! I did not know you could redeem a code in Vudu and AGAIN in iTunes!

So, I just redeemed these movies AGAIN - in iTunes

So these below are all 4K in my iTunes now!

King Kong
Star Trek
Power Rangers
Ghost in the Shell
Minions
Fate of the Furious F8
Arrival
Everest
Split

Now my 4K count in iTunes is up to 43 titles

Bejoy
meles likes this.

Theater: Epson 4040 Pro Cinema 4Ke/HDR, 120" SI, Panasonic UB900, Roku 4, ATV4K, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X8500H (7.1.6 Dolby Atmos, 13.1 Auro-3D, DTS:X & Imax Enhanced)
Living Room: Samsung 65JS9500, Samsung UBD-K8500, Roku Ultra, Oppo UDP-203, ATV4K, DT Supercube 6000, URC MX-780, Denon AVR-X4500H, (5.1.2 Dolby Atmos)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 1044 Old 11-19-2017, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Great! I will send you a message. I would love to be able to get 3 movies for $5 instead of just one
(Just last night I bought 4 codes and I spent $17.50 for that lot of codes)

What is XML code?

Also, speaking of redeeming, I searched around my desk for all my old code sheets i redeemed throughout the year and I found a few (9 titles so far) that said Redeem in UV or iTunes.. Of course, I redeemed all of those in Vudu, so I figured they were used and were all trash, but NO!! THey all still work in iTunes! I did not know you could redeem a code in Vudu and AGAIN in iTunes!

So, I just redeemed these movies AGAIN - in iTunes

So these below are all 4K in my iTunes now!

King Kong
Star Trek
Power Rangers
Ghost in the Shell
Minions
Fate of the Furious F8
Arrival
Everest
Split

Now my 4K count in iTunes is up to 43 titles

Bejoy
XML was an iTunes code you needed the disc but no more dvd drives so you put in the code and insert a usb drive with a XML file to redeem. They a SD versions but they don't upgrade the movies to hd high turned them 4K. They are getting stricter on redemptions.
post #65 of 1044 Old 11-19-2017, 08:52 AM

Also, I just mentioned those 9 movies where I was able to redeem it twice (once in Vudu and again in iTunes). There were a few that did NOT work that way. They are: X-men days of future past, Prometheus, and Life of Pi. These 3 titles would say "already been redeemed" when I tried to redeem it twice. These 3 titles are foxredeem titles.

post #66 of 1044 Old 11-19-2017, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3954 Post(s)
Liked: 2181
Quote:
Also, I just mentioned those 9 movies where I was able to redeem it twice (once in Vudu and again in iTunes). There were a few that did NOT work that way. They are: X-men days of future past, Prometheus, and Life of Pi. These 3 titles would say "already been redeemed" when I tried to redeem it twice. These 3 titles are foxredeem titles.
Speaking of Fox titles, I just bought the original X-Men trilogy but the digital code only now asks if we want to redeem on "Movies Anywhere" or "Vudu". I want to redeem on iTunes to get the upgrade to UHD if they get it. Does anyone know if there is a way to force a Fox code to use iTunes?
meles likes this.

lujan
438 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #67 of 1044 Old 11-19-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Speaking of Fox titles, I just bought the original X-Men trilogy but the digital code only now asks if we want to redeem on "Movies Anywhere" or "Vudu". I want to redeem on iTunes to get the upgrade to UHD if they get it. Does anyone know if there is a way to force a Fox code to use iTunes?
Have you tried manually entering the code within iTunes? If you go to iTunes on your iMac desktop browser (it may work on iPhone/ipad too) and open iTunes, then go to Account, and then choose Redeem. It asks you to enter your code manually and then it immediately adds it to your iTunes library! This is what I did for those movies I added yesterday and it worked perfectly. (Power Rangers, Minions, Ghost in the Shell, Split, Everest, Arrival, Fate of the Furious F8, Star Trek, and King Kong)... I did notice that these 9 movies had codes that had 12 digits. I think iTunes codes have 12 digits, so if your X-men trilogy has 12 digits in the code and it says iTunes anywhere on that slip, you should be able to manually enter it within iTunes itself!!

Let me know if that works!

Bejoy

post #68 of 1044 Old 11-19-2017, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Have you tried manually entering the code within iTunes? If you go to iTunes on your iMac desktop browser (it may work on iPhone/ipad too) and open iTunes, then go to Account, and then choose Redeem. It asks you to enter your code manually and then it immediately adds it to your iTunes library! This is what I did for those movies I added yesterday and it worked perfectly. (Power Rangers, Minions, Ghost in the Shell, Split, Everest, Arrival, Fate of the Furious F8, Star Trek, and King Kong)... I did notice that these 9 movies had codes that had 12 digits. I think iTunes codes have 12 digits, so if your X-men trilogy has 12 digits in the code and it says iTunes anywhere on that slip, you should be able to manually enter it within iTunes itself!!

Let me know if that works!

Bejoy
No, it says "invalid code" when I try directly on iTunes.

lujan
438 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #69 of 1044 Old 11-21-2017, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Anyone redeemed Hitman's Bodyguard 4k? 4K in both iTunes and Vudu no issue?

Buncha savages in this town.... - Clerks

Sam Posten
post #70 of 1044 Old 11-23-2017, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
Anyone redeemed Hitman's Bodyguard 4k? 4K in both iTunes and Vudu no issue?
Hitman's Bodyguard 4K only redeemed at HDX on Vudu yesterday.

Vizio M70-D3 TV, Denon X4300H, LG UBK90, Samsung K8500, Klipsch RP280F (2), Klipsch RP450C Center, Klipsch RP250S (4), Klipsch Dolby Atmos RP140SA Speakers (2), Klipsch R12SW Subs (2), Apple TV 4K, Nvidia Shield, Roku Ultra 4K, Amazon Fire TV Box, Harmony Elite Remote, all cables Monoprice Certified Premium.
post #71 of 1044 Old 11-23-2017, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1sc View Post
Hitman's Bodyguard 4K only redeemed at HDX on Vudu yesterday.
You have to choose "iTunes" on the Lionsgate redemption page for it to redeem in 4k. Otherwise, you'll only get HDX on Vudu.
meles likes this.

lujan
438 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #72 of 1044 Old 11-25-2017, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Are you supposed to be able to redeem Sony codes at http://sonypicturesstore.com/redeem.html to get the 4K version? The spreadsheet seems to indicate that you can for Spider-Man Homecoming. This did not work for me with a different Sony movie though.
post #73 of 1044 Old 11-25-2017, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallFaulk28 View Post
Are you supposed to be able to redeem Sony codes at http://sonypicturesstore.com/redeem.html to get the 4K version? The spreadsheet seems to indicate that you can for Spider-Man Homecoming. This did not work for me with a different Sony movie though.

sonypictures.com/maredeem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #74 of 1044 Old 11-25-2017, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Just went through about 300 blu-rays I owned. 72 redeemed and 20 to 4k. I've got five that have been fussy, but usually expired codes work. Simple digital copies saved to itunes from disc have gone to 4k when the title exists.

From my experience Movies Anywhere is the first place to redeem codes, much easier than iTunes; I've never not had one show up in iTunes with MA.

I just bought 30th anniversary Blu-ray of Labyrinth on Amazon prime for $6 with code; gets me the Blu-ray disc and the digital copy on iTunes where it costs $13 just for the 4k.

I'm kicking myself because I had a bunch of cool online spreadsheets for these older codes that show where they redeem. I've had codes that say there expired on site work on another. Persistence pays off.

If your new to MA they gave away five titles including Lego movie as you link your first and second service, iTunes and Vudu a must for anyone trying to parley their way to 4k.
post #75 of 1044 Old 11-26-2017, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rnarian View Post
Hi All,
As the Master List of currently available 4k HDR titles thread keeps getting flooded with topics of Redeeming 4K/HDR Content in various different spots, I decided to create a dedicated separate thread for it. Hopefully, with this thread, we can clear up some of the clutter and be more precise in helping ppl reach the right content quicker.

Here you can discuss various different sources such as Vudu, MoviesAnywhere, FandangoNow, iTunes, among other Apps and their redeeming methods. I would recommended this thread be strictly used for Content Availability, Redemption methods and Issues and if you need to discuss the Picture and Audio quality of such platforms, use the Master List of currently available 4k HDR titles thread.

For a comprehensive list of Movies (Updated often by an Angel) that are and are not available in Vudu, Fandango and iTunes, pls refer to this Spreadsheet: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Htmh4/htmlview

SideNote: As Streaming Services such as NetFlix, YouTube and Amazon do not involve any sort of redeeming, let's keep those discussions on the Master thread as well.

THANKS!
The current redemption game seems to be much about Apple taking over the world with Dolby Vision at their side. Sign me up if I get free 4K movies.

Here some OP worthy links for you.
http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1286045225
1. Where Does Digital HD Redeem? UV, iTunes, Google Play? - this is pretty accurate and it got me to stop trying with Braveheart, Silver Linings Playbook and some others. I'm not sure its wholly accurate as it does not show Labyrinth going to iTunes 4K, but my purchase of a new blu-ray for $6 for the iTunes 4K shuffle may prove out because of the following:
When I search Labyrinth in Movies Anywhere it does come up (Braveheart, etc. does not get a hit from the search). It seems that if a code does not explicitly say iTunes it still will port to iTunes if one can search it in the Movies Anywhere database (I'll report back on Labyrinth.)

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...z5WIk/pubhtml#
2. USA iTunes Digital Copy (Bluray/3D) Redemption Quality - Some Blu-rays had digital copies on disc that could be linked to iTunes and most of them were SD, but my SD Prometheus digital copy is 4K Dolby Vision now. The above list shows all movies up until 8/26/2014 with iTunes digital copies. This list is not wholly perfect and I've got two titles on it that do require disc that I'll be contacting iTunes about; Hellboy2 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine since they both seem to freeze up iTunes after I sign in after entering the code. Discs requiring a digital copy are the worst and frankly code entry is to be avoided at all costs in iTunes with Movies Anywhere being a much better first choice.

Might as well mention that Alien vs. Predator: Requiem requires a disc as well and freezes up iTunes.

My last disc is ultraviolet through Starz: Killing Them Softly - it fails everywhere, but I plan on hitting iTunes with it as well as the code works for iTunes according to the above lists.
post #76 of 1044 Old 11-26-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
No, it says "invalid code" when I try directly on iTunes.
I think the itunes 4k free upgrade only works if you redeem the HD code in iTunes itself (not in Movies Anywhere), If it is an actual 4K digital code, then redeeming it in Movies Anywhere should give you the 4K copy in iTunes. I made a list of the HD movies that should work for free 4K Dolby Vision upgrade if you redeem in Itunes. (I didn't see the X:men trilogy on this list, it should work if they are individual X:men movies though).. When you try to enter the code for Trilogy that is probably why you get that error message of "Invalid Code"

These movies below will give the free 4K upgrade if you enter in the HD code in iTunes, IF you redeem the HD code in Movies Anywhere, you will only get HD copy on iTunes!

Alien:Covenant
Allied
Alvin Chipmunks Road Trip
Arrival
Assasin's Creed
Atomic Blonde
Ben-HUr
Birth of a Nation
Brooklyn
Deadpool
Deepwater Horizon
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Eddie the Eagle
Everest
Exodus: Gods and Kings
Fantastic Four
Fate of the Furious F8
Fences
Fifty Shades Darker
Furious 7
Get Out
Ghost in THe Shell
Hacksaw Ridge
Hercules
HIdden Figures
Hitman Agent 47
Ice Age Collision
If I Stay
Independence Day
Independence Day Resurgence
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
John Wick
John Wick 2
Joy
Keeping up with the Jones
King Kong
Kingsmen Secret Service
La LA LAnd
Life of Pi
Logan
Logan Lucky
Longest Ride
Martian
Maze Runner
Maze Runner: Scorch Trials
Me Earl Dying Girl
Mike and Dave need wedding dates
Minions
Miss Peregrine
Monster Trucks
Morgan
Mummy 1999
Mummy 2017
Mummy returns
Mummy Tomb of Dragon
Night at the Museum:Secret of Tomb
Office Christmas Party
Paper Towns
Power Rangers
Princess Bride
Prometheus
Revenant
Rise of the PLanet of the Apes
Sing
Snatched
Split
Star Trek
Star Trek Beyond
Star Trek into Darkness
TMNT:Out of the Shadows
Terminator:Genisys
Transformers:Last night
Victor Frankenstein
Why Him?
Wild
X:men Apocalypse
X:Men Days of Future Past
X:Men First Class
X:Men United
XXX:Return of Xander Cage

I have tried the HD codes with Power Rangers, Minions, Split, Everest, Arrival, F8, and Get out and i can verify that those HD codes when redeemed in iTunes will give the 4K copy in iTunes. If Fox codes ask you to redeem in "Movies anywhere" or in "Vudu" then that means that title (or at least that code) will not be eligible for the free 4k upgrade. There are over 80 titles on that list above, so that is an inexpensive way to build your 4k library by getting just HD codes for those movies above
aaronwt likes this.

post #77 of 1044 Old 11-26-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meles View Post
Just went through about 300 blu-rays I owned. 72 redeemed and 20 to 4k. I've got five that have been fussy, but usually expired codes work. Simple digital copies saved to itunes from disc have gone to 4k when the title exists.

From my experience Movies Anywhere is the first place to redeem codes, much easier than iTunes; I've never not had one show up in iTunes with MA.

I just bought 30th anniversary Blu-ray of Labyrinth on Amazon prime for $6 with code; gets me the Blu-ray disc and the digital copy on iTunes where it costs $13 just for the 4k.

I'm kicking myself because I had a bunch of cool online spreadsheets for these older codes that show where they redeem. I've had codes that say there expired on site work on another. Persistence pays off.

If your new to MA they gave away five titles including Lego movie as you link your first and second service, iTunes and Vudu a must for anyone trying to parley their way to 4k.
Nice Score on Labyrinth! Quick question, is this the 4k blu-ray copy of Labyrinth? Or the blu-ray? If it is the 4k copy, then it will redeem 4K on iTunes if you redeem the 4k code it in Movies Anywhere

The only downside to redeeming in Movies Anywhere is that you do not get the UV copy. (UV copy is important if you do the Vudu Share my movies...)

If your Labyrinth code is from a blu-ray, and you redeemed in MA, I am surprised it gave a 4k copy in iTunes! I thought you always have to redeem HD codes within iTunes to get the 4k copy.
meles likes this.

post #78 of 1044 Old 11-26-2017, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeef79 View Post
Is it safe to redeem my 4K Guardians 2 code on Movies Anywhere to get the 4K version?
I had redeemed mine on VUDU early on and it was only HDX, but I saw a post somewhere that said you can call Disney/MA which I did, and they updated it to UHD for me. I'm trying to do the same for Pirates/DeadMenTellNoTales.
post #79 of 1044 Old 11-26-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Nice Score on Labyrinth! Quick question, is this the 4k blu-ray copy of Labyrinth? Or the blu-ray? If it is the 4k copy, then it will redeem 4K on iTunes if you redeem the 4k code it in Movies Anywhere

The only downside to redeeming in Movies Anywhere is that you do not get the UV copy. (UV copy is important if you do the Vudu Share my movies...)

If your Labyrinth code is from a blu-ray, and you redeemed in MA, I am surprised it gave a 4k copy in iTunes! I thought you always have to redeem HD codes within iTunes to get the 4k copy.
You may be right. I went for 4K titles first. We need to test. I have spare LEGO, but not on your list. Is is spare because MA gave me a free copy which was instantly 4K in iTunes. I have my Vudu account linked in movies anywhere so they show there.

My digital copies redeemed in iTunes are at their original content which is SD often. Prometheus converted to 4K hdr, but Apple TV shows it just playing as HDR with no 4K logo. I’ll test some more shortly on playback. When Labyrinth arrives I’ll enter it on MA. Amazon has 4K Laby for $15 right now, and I just have the Blu-ray coming from Amazon for $6.
post #80 of 1044 Old 11-26-2017, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think the itunes 4k free upgrade only works if you redeem the HD code in iTunes itself (not in Movies Anywhere), If it is an actual 4K digital code, then redeeming it in Movies Anywhere should give you the 4K copy in iTunes. I made a list of the HD movies that should work for free 4K Dolby Vision upgrade if you redeem in Itunes. (I didn't see the X:men trilogy on this list, it should work if they are individual X:men movies though).. When you try to enter the code for Trilogy that is probably why you get that error message of "Invalid Code"

These movies below will give the free 4K upgrade if you enter in the HD code in iTunes, IF you redeem the HD code in Movies Anywhere, you will only get HD copy on iTunes!

I have tried the HD codes with Power Rangers, Minions, Split, Everest, Arrival, F8, and Get out and i can verify that those HD codes when redeemed in iTunes will give the 4K copy in iTunes. If Fox codes ask you to redeem in "Movies anywhere" or in "Vudu" then that means that title (or at least that code) will not be eligible for the free 4k upgrade. There are over 80 titles on that list above, so that is an inexpensive way to build your 4k library by getting just HD codes for those movies above
Thanks, I contacted Fox and they told me that no trilogy will redeem on iTunes at this time so I guess I'm out of luck...

lujan
438 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #81 of 1044 Old 11-26-2017, 09:33 AM

I just ordered Labryinth for $6 on Amazon. i will try redeeming it in Itunes to see if I get the 4K upgrade...

Don't waste your spare Lego on a test! You can sell it to someone or something

I made that list by using the google docs link on the 1st post of this thread. I basically look under the category that says "There is a code that redeems iTunes 4K (4K code for MA redeem, HD/4K code for iTunes redeem)". My understanding of that is if you have a 4K code then you can use MA redeem, if you have a HD code, you HAVE to redeem in iTunes to get the free upgrade

I have my Vudu account linked to Itunes (via Movies Anywhere), so I did buy 7 UHD titles on Vudu (Thanksgiving Vudu sale) and they ported over to iTunes in UHD (Focus, Get Hard, Atomic Blonde, Into the Storm, Gallows, Live by Night, Heart of the Sea). From what i read, it does NOT work the opposite way (if I bought those titles in UHD on Itunes, it will only give me the HD copy in Vudu...)

So basically, as I build my library, I will buy a UHD in Vudu (if it is offered as UHD in Itunes, since MA ports over the UHD copy to iTunes). If I can get a digital HD code for cheap, I will redeem in iTunes to get the free 4k upgrade. If I buy a 4k blu-ray, I generally redeem it within Vudu (that way, I get the UV copy that shares with my group - AND - I get the UHD copy deposited into my Itunes account). It was all very confusing at first, but reading on this forum and the apple tv forum and the master hdr thread has helped me ALOT! Also, by reading all these forums I am spending quite a bit of $$ buying alot of movies

post #82 of 1044 Old 11-26-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
You may be right. I went for 4K titles first. We need to test. I have spare LEGO, but not on your list. Is is spare because MA gave me a free copy which was instantly 4K in iTunes. I have my Vudu account linked in movies anywhere so they show there.

My digital copies redeemed in iTunes are at their original content which is SD often. Prometheus converted to 4K hdr, but Apple TV shows it just playing as HDR with no 4K logo. I’ll test some more shortly on playback. When Labyrinth arrives I’ll enter it on MA. Amazon has 4K Laby for $15 right now, and I just have the Blu-ray coming from Amazon for $6.
I wouldn't redeem your $6 labyrinth on MA. I am 99% sure that redeeming in MA will only give you HD on your iTunes and HD on your Vudu.. Try redeeming that code in Itunes first. That should give you the free 4k upgrade in Itunes! That way for $6 you get the physcial blu-ray disc and you get a digital code that gave you a 4K version free upgrade on Itunes!! I am planning to try this myself.

meles likes this.

post #83 of 1044 Old 11-26-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I contacted Fox and they told me that no trilogy will redeem on iTunes at this time so I guess I'm out of luck...
Since you are supposedly out of luck, why don't you redeem it on movies anywhere? If not already signed up, they'll give you five free movies for linking itunes and vudu. I've got a feeling you will get x-men in 4K to boot on itunes.
post #84 of 1044 Old 11-26-2017, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Since you are supposedly out of luck, why don't you redeem it on movies anywhere? If not already signed up, they'll give you five free movies for linking itunes and vudu. I've got a feeling you will get x-men in 4K to boot on itunes.
I'm already signed up for Movies Anywhere and I already have the 3 movies from earlier purchases in HD. I bought this trilogy only because I thought it would redeem on iTunes. I'm trying to sell the trilogy now for $10.00.

lujan
438 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #85 of 1044 Old 11-26-2017, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydeweyz View Post
sonypictures.com/maredeem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. From there, are you supposed to redeem with the Sony link? Their site seems to be in perpetual maintenance. You can also pick MA or Vudu, but they don’t work for me. The code I have is a UV one that comes from the France version, so it may have limited options to redeem over here.
post #86 of 1044 Old 11-26-2017, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallFaulk28 View Post
Thanks. From there, are you supposed to redeem with the Sony link? Their site seems to be in perpetual maintenance. You can also pick MA or Vudu, but they don’t work for me. The code I have is a UV one that comes from the France version, so it may have limited options to redeem over here.

I’ve only used that link for US redeems
post #87 of 1044 Old 11-27-2017, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't redeem your $6 labyrinth on MA. I am 99% sure that redeeming in MA will only give you HD on your iTunes and HD on your Vudu.. Try redeeming that code in Itunes first. That should give you the free 4k upgrade in Itunes! That way for $6 you get the physcial blu-ray disc and you get a digital code that gave you a 4K version free upgrade on Itunes!! I am planning to try this myself.

Haha. Well I'm doing it as an experiment.

By the way I wanted to get Dolby Atmos 4K movie and shopped Vudu with my Apple TV. Vudu and Itunes still having a big sale. I bought Man of Steel for $8 on Vudu and it ported to iTunes in 4k instantly because of the movie anywhere link. Now if I'd bought in iTunes for their sale price of $10 I'm not sure it would have ported as not of my other 4K content has. Saved $2 and have in both systems now.

Movies Anywhere is our friend. Apple is being very generous and its time to take advantage. Doing my best on video settings for both the AppleTV and Vudu on my 2017 LG OLED, iTunes did a better job with Man of Steel 4K image, really much better. However, even over 2 channels the different sound of Atmos was apparent.

I may be laying off the 4K code binge for a while, but I'm going to scan for more Labyrinth like deals.
post #88 of 1044 Old 11-27-2017, 01:09 AM

Amazon has the following Blu-rays for $6 with digital codes for iTunes (http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ggw/edit#gid=0)

1. Star Trek Beyond
2. The Martian
3. Warcraft
4. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
5. The Revenant
6. Despicable Me 2 ($6.88)

5&6 I own and have redeemed for 4K iTunes.

I'll be happy to have Labyrinth and not ready for these though just saw Peculiar on blu-ray and its quite good.
post #89 of 1044 Old 11-27-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Amazon has the following Blu-rays for $6 with digital codes for iTunes (http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ggw/edit#gid=0)

1. Star Trek Beyond
2. The Martian
3. Warcraft
4. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
5. The Revenant
6. Despicable Me 2 ($6.88)

5&6 I own and have redeemed for 4K iTunes.

I'll be happy to have Labyrinth and not ready for these though just saw Peculiar on blu-ray and its quite good.
I just checked those titles on Amazon and the prices are showing $9.99 or even more.. Maybe that sale ended already?
meles likes this.

post #90 of 1044 Old 11-27-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Haha. Well I'm doing it as an experiment.

By the way I wanted to get Dolby Atmos 4K movie and shopped Vudu with my Apple TV. Vudu and Itunes still having a big sale. I bought Man of Steel for $8 on Vudu and it ported to iTunes in 4k instantly because of the movie anywhere link. Now if I'd bought in iTunes for their sale price of $10 I'm not sure it would have ported as not of my other 4K content has. Saved $2 and have in both systems now.

Movies Anywhere is our friend. Apple is being very generous and its time to take advantage. Doing my best on video settings for both the AppleTV and Vudu on my 2017 LG OLED, iTunes did a better job with Man of Steel 4K image, really much better. However, even over 2 channels the different sound of Atmos was apparent.

I may be laying off the 4K code binge for a while, but I'm going to scan for more Labyrinth like deals.
If you bought UHD in iTunes for $10, it doesn't work to get the UHD copy in Vudu. You did it the right way to buy the UHD in Vudu (with Dolby Atmos) and then the MOvies Anywhere link ports the UHD copy over to Itunes, and you saved $2!! That is what I did on Black Friday to get 7 or 8 titles at $7.99 and they instantly ported over to iTunes in 4K... It is expensive going on these movie binge purchases... Even though they are pretty inexpensive, it adds up pretty quickly!!!
CCsoftball7, meles and cydeweyz like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)