Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-17-2018, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Runnig 11 Meter Cables for 10-bits 4K.

Hello,
I'm having problems finding a proper solution to my problem, so I thought I'd ask some of the enthusiasts here for guidance!
I need to transfer a 10-bit 4K 60Hz signal (with 16 bits-3D LUT support) over the distance of 11 Meters (that's about 36 feet). Via HDMI (2.1?) or Display Port.
And I'm having problems figuring out what cable(s) to buy. Or if I possibly should go with an "HDMI over Ethernet" solution.

Here is what I want to do:
I'm a visual effects artist and I finally want to make the switch to a 4K Monitor.
I have decided to go with the Eizo Color Edge CG3145 (unfortunately I cannot link to the product since this is my first post in the forum.)
My server rack is in the basement and my office on the upper floor, I need to run an 11 Meter long cable from the basement to the first floor.
The output device is a golfers RTX 2080 tie. I could install a repeater at ~2/3 of the length.

Is there anything you would recommend for my scenario?

Thanks for any advice!
-Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-17-2018, 05:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2685 Post(s)
Liked: 1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterFriday View Post
Hello,
I'm having problems finding a proper solution to my problem, so I thought I'd ask some of the enthusiasts here for guidance!
I need to transfer a 10-bit 4K 60Hz signal (with 16 bits-3D LUT support) over the distance of 11 Meters (that's about 36 feet). Via HDMI (2.1?) or Display Port.
And I'm having problems figuring out what cable(s) to buy. Or if I possibly should go with an "HDMI over Ethernet" solution.

Here is what I want to do:
I'm a visual effects artist and I finally want to make the switch to a 4K Monitor.
I have decided to go with the Eizo Color Edge CG3145 (unfortunately I cannot link to the product since this is my first post in the forum.)
My server rack is in the basement and my office on the upper floor, I need to run an 11 Meter long cable from the basement to the first floor.
The output device is a golfers RTX 2080 tie. I could install a repeater at ~2/3 of the length.

Is there anything you would recommend for my scenario?

Thanks for any advice!
-Robert
I'd recommend an HDMI over Fiber cable.
Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XS8T2W4

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-17-2018, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[quote=markmon1;57120586]I'd recommend an HDMI over Fiber cable.
Something like this:

I did not even know it existed! Thank you very much, I will read a bit about it and get one for testing.

Thanks for the hint!
-Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)