Forum Jump: 
 58Likes

post #16591 of 16628 Old 07-29-2018, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hl61A750 - led lights flashing

My tv has no picture. The light around the power button is li up and all three led lights (red, green, green) are flashing.

I tried unplugging it, and it powers up same as above but only 1 of the leds flash until I use the remote to turn it on/off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16592 of 16628 Old 07-29-2018, 02:12 PM

It is sitting on the street now. Picked up a LG 65" and the actions scenes make you nauseous, I already miss my DLP.
post #16593 of 16628 Old 07-29-2018, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefgeek69 View Post
It is sitting on the street now. Picked up a LG 65" and the actions scenes make you nauseous, I already miss my DLP.
You hurried up to throw it. You could have contacted Stanman and he would have given you some idea what was wrong and what it would have taken to fix it. Based on that, you could have thrown it after that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16594 of 16628 Old 07-31-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishwa Somayaji View Post
You hurried up to throw it. You could have contacted Stanman and he would have given you some idea what was wrong and what it would have taken to fix it. Based on that, you could have thrown it after that.
It looked like it was going to be the DMD board, and I just didn't want to put any more money into it. Of course after getting a LCD, I have mixed feelings. The new LCD makes me nauseous when there are heavy action scenes and everything looks fake.
post #16595 of 16628 Old 08-02-2018, 11:20 AM

No point in looking back. Enjoy the new TV.
post #16596 of 16628 Old 08-08-2018, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
OMG! the TV you threw away could have saved at least 2 and possibly 3 other TVs from going to
the dump since many parts are not available anymore.
Anybody thinking of putting one out for the trash is also passing up a good amount I would have
paid for some of the parts.
I have been buying them off CL from other states and getting people to pull the parts out and ship to me.
I have done this a number of times and had good results.

"If you need LED DLP Samsung Parts"
"I am the man"
post #16597 of 16628 Old 08-12-2018, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung 61" HL61A750 3 blinking LEDs on front panel

Hi guys. Does anyone know what I can do about this? In the 10 years I have owned this set, I replaced the the sub pwer bd and main board at least once, and a couple years ago the DLP chip.
Then one day one I turned it on, the startup sound plays, the right led light blinks, and then after a couple minutes all 3 lights blink.

Is there an expert that can offer any hope? I know parts are non-existent. Is anyone doing a depot service for the boards on this set?

I hate to give up on it.
thanks
Rick
post #16598 of 16628 Old 08-12-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookooc View Post
I know parts are non-existent. Is anyone doing a depot service for the boards on this set?

I hate to give up on it.
thanks
Rick
I have any parts you would ever need, PM me, gmail me, or look me up on eBay.

"I am the man"

Last edited by stanman2242; 08-12-2018 at 08:30 PM.
post #16599 of 16628 Old 08-16-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman2242 View Post
I have any parts you would ever need, PM me, gmail me, or look me up on eBay.
He tells the truth! stanman sent me a sub led board, got it in 2 days! I am up and watching the Jets and Redskins as we speak!
It's back baby!!

I can't express how happy I am to have my HL61A750 back again!

stanman IS THE MAN!
post #16600 of 16628 Old 08-30-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13iron View Post
parts #'s and dealer info appreciated...
It is NEVER the main power supply, unless the TV does nothing at all.
All of the SUB power boards are going bad and it is very often not as simple as replacing the caps.
I have anything you need, either PM me or look up my eBay stuff or gmail me.

"I am the man"
post #16601 of 16628 Old 08-30-2018, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookooc View Post
He tells the truth! stanman sent me a sub led board, got it in 2 days! I am up and watching the Jets and Redskins as we speak!
It's back baby!!

I can't express how happy I am to have my HL61A750 back again!

stanman IS THE MAN!
couldn't agree more!!! he helped me save mine and was kind enough to patiently walk me through the replacement procedures...

treat me like a noob!
post #16602 of 16628 Old 09-14-2018, 12:50 PM

I have a real simple question that I am sure many will know the answer to.
I am very hard of hearing and as a result my speakers are in bad shape.
Even though I have several sets laying around I feel it is a waste of time
taking the front off to replace them when it will just happen again.
When there are other people here they always complain about it being too loud.

What I am wondering is if you turn internal speakers off does volume control from
remote work on RCA outputs?

"I am the man"

Last edited by stanman2242; 09-14-2018 at 12:57 PM.
post #16603 of 16628 Old 09-14-2018, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:

What I am wondering is if you turn internal speakers off does volume control from
Ouch. I don't really know that. I have the 67 inch, but I have always used AVR for my volume from an HDMI source.

I think I've only heard the TV speakers once or twice in the 10 years that I have had this set.

I am also very hard of hearing.

I think hearing aids are in the future soon!

Shouldn't be hard to test the RCA ports. Just hook them up to something and try it out I would think.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
post #16604 of 16628 Old 09-15-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot999 View Post
Ouch. I don't really know that. I have the 67 inch, but I have always used AVR for my volume from an HDMI source.

I think I've only heard the TV speakers once or twice in the 10 years that I have had this set.

I am also very hard of hearing.

I think hearing aids are in the future soon!

Shouldn't be hard to test the RCA ports. Just hook them up to something and try it out I would think.

I do not really have any powered speakers to try it with.
I was wanting to know because another option I was considering was going inside and disconnecting speaker cable and connecting to a pair of regular speakers so I was trying to see which direction to go.
No hearing aid in my future, When people complain about TV being too loud I tell them "my left ear is shot"
It actually is, I got shot through the head and the bullet went in my left ear and is still in my head, against the inside of my jaw on the right side.

"I am the man"
post #16605 of 16628 Old 09-15-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I do not really have any powered speakers to try it with.
I was wanting to know because another option I was considering was going inside and disconnecting speaker cable and connecting to a pair of regular speakers so I was trying to see which direction to go.
No hearing aid in my future, When people complain about TV being too loud I tell them "my left ear is shot"
It actually is, I got shot through the head and the bullet went in my left ear and is still in my head, against the inside of my jaw on the right side.
Well, I tried to hook up a RCA cable to the audio outputs of the TV and into my receiver. Unfortunately, I don't have an antenna on the TV and had no channels available to test. ( antenna is on a hdhomerun tuner, upstairs in another room.)

However, I did check in my manual and accordingly on page 39 it indicates that the only sound of available from the TV with the speakers off would be the optical output only.
It also notes that if connecting to an amplifier with the audio outputs with the speakers to on, set the TV volume low and use the amplifier to adjust volume. That indicates to me you must leave the speakers set to on to have any outputs from the RCA jacks on the back.
I hope this will help somewhat. You probably found this already.

Really sorry and sad to hear about that terrible injury. I can't imagine having to endure something like that.

My hearing loss is mainly due to thousands of hours in airplanes. I'm a retired pilot. Last time I had it checked a few years back, they said it was about 30% high-frequency hearing loss. So, I'm with you on high-volume! But, my wife understands I need it!

I certainly hope you keep your great inventory of parts. I've had this set for 10 years and try to maintain it immaculately. I clean out all the dust every year and have a USB fan running on the side of it. Just hoping and praying it keeps going. My intent is to stay with 1080p, I don't care about 4K. And this set is still a Marvel to me! They should have never stopped making them! You just can't hang it on the wall, but who cares?

post #16606 of 16628 Old 09-15-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Hi,
to the best of my knowledge the RCA outputs are line level outputs and the are independent of the volume control on the TV. They are meant to go to the AVR or other amplifying devices. If you must know for sure and have no other ways of finding out, I could check and let you know. I just have to find the right things to connect.
post #16607 of 16628 Old 09-16-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Hi,
to the best of my knowledge the RCA outputs are line level outputs and the are independent of the volume control on the TV. They are meant to go to the AVR or other amplifying devices. If you must know for sure and have no other ways of finding out, I could check and let you know. I just have to find the right things to connect.
That is pretty much what I thought, that the volume would not work.
I think I am going to look into getting some device that would convert speaker level audio to line level audio and then go inside and disconnect speaker connection and convert to line level.
I am not very concerned about how great the sound quality is due to my hearing but right now it sounds very bad.
If I use external speakers I can place them by my recliner and farther away from people with normal hearing.
The injury to my left ear was from back in early 90's and I think my other hearing loss is due to a whole lot of shooting guns when I was young (long ago).
I have a constant very loud high pitched ring in my right ear.

"I am the man"

Last edited by stanman2242; 09-16-2018 at 01:13 PM.
post #16608 of 16628 Old 09-18-2018, 12:21 PM

I have got it all squared away now. I found a pair of Labtec computer speakers with sub woofer and plugged them into the RCA jacks and the volume control does not work on RCA outputs.
For now I changed the volume output on remote to work on FIOS box but I got a converter to convert speaker level to line level but have not hooked it up yet.
The speakers sound a lot better than the blown out ones in TV.

"I am the man"
post #16609 of 16628 Old 09-18-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I have got it all squared away now. I found a pair of Labtec computer speakers with sub woofer and plugged them into the RCA jacks and the volume control does not work on RCA outputs.
For now I changed the volume output on remote to work on FIOS box but I got a converter to convert speaker level to line level but have not hooked it up yet.
The speakers sound a lot better than the blown out ones in TV.
Glad you found a solution. Hope to keep this set for many years to come.

post #16610 of 16628 Old 10-25-2018, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So far I have just had to replace the DLP chip, all went well and just recently the blue LED. After replacing the blue led the blue level is now over piwering the red and green led level, picture had a blueidh tint to it. I displayed the color test pattern from my Apple TV to ajust the color level and tint, using the blue only screen, but ciuld not get the level to match correctly. I performed this calibration before and it worked fine before changing blue led. How can I calibrate the blue lrvel gsin in the Service Menu? Should I go under Servie Menu subitem WB (white balance ) and adjust either the Blue-Offset or Blue-Gain? And if so how do I determine what to set numbers too?
post #16611 of 16628 Old 10-28-2018, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartonr View Post
... Should I go under Servie Menu subitem WB (white balance ) and adjust either the Blue-Offset or Blue-Gain? And if so how do I determine what to set numbers too?
That seems like a good start. Write down all the settings before you change anything. Reduce blue gain by 10% of its current setting. Then put up a test screen and re-evaluate the color balance. Repeat as necessary.
post #16612 of 16628 Old 11-29-2018, 08:20 AM

My almost 10 year old HL61a750 is giving me problems and I'm hoping someone can suggest a solution. The TV either makes funny noises or the sound shuts off and then the unit turns itself on and off. Sometimes this happens very frequently, like every other minute, or sometimes if occurs only once in several hours. When it is working, all is fine. Picture is still great and the TV speakers work normally.

Anyone have any ideas on where I should start to trouble shoot?

TIA
post #16613 of 16628 Old 11-30-2018, 01:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfracek View Post
... makes funny noises ...?
Can you describe funny noises? My first guess would be the main SMPS (switch mode power supply), located above the main board. Second guess would be sub SMPS (drives the LEDs). Inspect the large aluminum caps in both places to see if any are bulging.
post #16614 of 16628 Old 12-01-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicvoid View Post
Can you describe funny noises? My first guess would be the main SMPS (switch mode power supply), located above the main board. Second guess would be sub SMPS (drives the LEDs). Inspect the large aluminum caps in both places to see if any are bulging.
There are a whole series of odd noises that the unit makes prior to shutting off and restarting. However, sometimes there is no noise, just shuts off and then restarts while watching. The most common of the noises include an "eeeeeeeeee" sound, other times it's like a rapid series of knocks. The noise isn't consistent. What is consistent is that once there is a noise, the unit will shut off and restart. This can happen rapidly with a frequency of two or three times a minute, or intermittent like once every 5 or 10 minutes, or sometimes once an hour, and very rarely, once and then the set will work for hours without an issue.

It doesn't matter if the TV has been just turned on or if it has been on for a while.

Where can I find instructions on how to take the set apart and what to look for?

Thanks.
post #16615 of 16628 Old 12-02-2018, 10:09 AM

My now 10 year old HL67A750 started to have stuck mirrors about a month ago for the first time. Just wanted to post about how easy the chip replacement process was. Trying to keep floating dust off of everything during re-assembly was a bit of a pain, but the end result is a TV that is back to normal. I used ShopJimmy for the chip and they were excellent. I hope to get many more years out of the TV.

On a related note, I did look into the set via the side port holes and can see that there is what appears to be a slight film on the big back mirror, plus a small amount of dust here and there. The picture does not seem blurry and does not have 'specs' anywhere. Just wondering if it is worth taking the back off to do a proper cleaning of the big mirror and if so, anyone have a guide about the process and also what to use for cleaning?

Thanks.
post #16616 of 16628 Old 12-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfracek View Post
... The most common of the noises include an "eeeeeeeeee" sound, other times it's like a rapid series of knocks..

Where can I find instructions on how to take the set apart and what to look for?
I'll take a WAG and say that is the sound of arcing, probably from the high voltage that the main SMPS feeds to the sub SMPS, around 300 volts.

The service manual is the best source of instructions, but you may not be able to find it online any longer. There is plenty of info about servicing this set dispersed throughout this thread, but with 16000+ posts it would be a major chore to search for this info.

There are 10 screws that hold the lower back cover on; you will have to disconnect your input cables to completely remove this cover. Facing the rear of the set, the main board is on the left (with the input panel), the main SMPS is mounted on top of the main board cage. There is a blue/brown wire pair from the main SMPS over to the right side of the chassis, where the trapezoidal sub SMPS is mounted. This is the 300v feed.

Look at the cylindrical aluminum (with black plastic sleeve) caps to see if the tops show any bulging. If there is arcing, it may or may not be visible. You could try running the set in a dark room while, looking from the back, for visual or audible clues to the noise, which may steer you to which board may be bad. Else, you may just have to swap out the boards, one at a time, to see if the problem is solved.

You might try looking back in this thread several pages for posts from "stanman2242", and contact him. He can probably supply you with replacement boards from his stash of samsung parts.
post #16617 of 16628 Old 01-06-2019, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
HL67A750 LED fails on cold startup. Restart fixes it.

2 months ago my 2008 Samsung HL67A750 came on one day with ONLY RED backlighting. The picture was there, but in all shades of RED.

I powered off the TV, waited about 10 seconds and turned it back on. It came up correctly with WHITE background.

Ever since that day, when the TV is turned on for the first time each day (or after sitting for hours) the LED backlight either starts up on a random color (blue/green/red) or more commonly it just doesn't light up at all. Once I hear the audio come on, I can switch the TV power off, wait a few seconds and turn it on and the LED backlight ALWAYS comes on correctly. Once started correctly it has shown no signs of video problems. In fact the picture is visible quite good.

As this TV is 10 years old, this daily workaround isn't too much trouble. I'd love to find the actual problem (possible power supply issue?) and fix it. However at the cost of parts I'm reluctant to start just swapping parts to see if anything corrects the problem.

I might just scrap this TV and get something newer. Maybe a 75" Samsung or Roku TV TCL TV? Just hate to spend my retirement money if not necessary.

Any ideas on what could cause this cold LED startup problem?
post #16618 of 16628 Old 01-06-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicvoid View Post
I'll take a WAG and say that is the sound of arcing, probably from the high voltage that the main SMPS feeds to the sub SMPS, around 300 volts.

The service manual is the best source of instructions, but you may not be able to find it online any longer. There is plenty of info about servicing this set dispersed throughout this thread, but with 16000+ posts it would be a major chore to search for this info.

There are 10 screws that hold the lower back cover on; you will have to disconnect your input cables to completely remove this cover. Facing the rear of the set, the main board is on the left (with the input panel), the main SMPS is mounted on top of the main board cage. There is a blue/brown wire pair from the main SMPS over to the right side of the chassis, where the trapezoidal sub SMPS is mounted. This is the 300v feed.

Look at the cylindrical aluminum (with black plastic sleeve) caps to see if the tops show any bulging. If there is arcing, it may or may not be visible. You could try running the set in a dark room while, looking from the back, for visual or audible clues to the noise, which may steer you to which board may be bad. Else, you may just have to swap out the boards, one at a time, to see if the problem is solved.

You might try looking back in this thread several pages for posts from "stanman2242", and contact him. He can probably supply you with replacement boards from his stash of samsung parts.
Thanks for the WAG and info. Your description was spot on. I apologize for taking so long to respond; I've been waiting for the problem to reappear. I followed your suggestion and looked at the boards and nothing looked popped out or damaged. I checked all the connections and they appeared to be firmly in place. I had the TV on for about an hour with it open in the dark but the sound did not shut off and there was no sparking. I reassembled the TV and it has been working OK since then. We got a new TCL and that is the "main" use TV and the Samsung DSL is now in a bedroom and is used mainly for the news in the morning and late evenings. I haven't had an issue since taking it apart. Go figure.
post #16619 of 16628 Old 01-06-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk521 View Post
2 months ago my 2008 Samsung HL67A750 came on one day with ONLY RED backlighting. The picture was there, but in all shades of RED.

I powered off the TV, waited about 10 seconds and turned it back on. It came up correctly with WHITE background.

Ever since that day, when the TV is turned on for the first time each day (or after sitting for hours) the LED backlight either starts up on a random color (blue/green/red) or more commonly it just doesn't light up at all. Once I hear the audio come on, I can switch the TV power off, wait a few seconds and turn it on and the LED backlight ALWAYS comes on correctly. Once started correctly it has shown no signs of video problems. In fact the picture is visible quite good.

As this TV is 10 years old, this daily workaround isn't too much trouble. I'd love to find the actual problem (possible power supply issue?) and fix it. However at the cost of parts I'm reluctant to start just swapping parts to see if anything corrects the problem.

I might just scrap this TV and get something newer. Maybe a 75" Samsung or Roku TV TCL TV? Just hate to spend my retirement money if not necessary.

I can't respond to your DSL question, but we got a series 6 65" TLC and it is a great TV. Colors really pop, the blacks are almost totally black, and there are a lot of gradients to the colors including many gray and black shades. The 4K is awesome if you sit close enough to actually see the detail. There isn't much 4K out there but YouTube has some fantastic stuff. Some of the nature videos have blown me away. The detail is spectacular. Some of it seems like I"m really there. I like OLED better, but I can't afford a 65" OLED. The TCL comes quite close and is a whole lot more affordable.
post #16620 of 16628 Old 01-06-2019, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk521 View Post
Since the initial startup color is variable, I'd suspect the LED driver module. Less likely would be the DMD board or the main board. On any of these boards, I'd suspect electrolytic caps going bad.

Once in a while (months apart) I get a startup screen that is either green or magenta. I think its due to a HDMI handshake problem, as it will start working correctly if I switch to another input then switch back.

Last edited by cosmicvoid; 01-06-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Samsung