Closed Thread

post #31 of 36 Old 05-13-2002, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Shane,

I'll second that. The CRT group is also a diffrent breed, as the volume is still low enough not to be overwhelming. I'de bet dollars to doughnuts that if you triple or quadruple the posts in the CRT forum we would need some sort of deliniation too between the diffrent classes of PJ.

Per: site gone bad...

I come here to avoid other sites where the moderation is much worse ( any slightly over negative comment about a product they sell will get pulled ) or the poeople are just clueless. I have never participated in a thread that I thought was pulled inappropriatly. In retrospect I feel that the FEW times I have seen a thread pulled was for appropriate reasons ( that whole p-rn HDTV thread gone bad ).

Anyways...

Keep up the good work AVS!

Eric

"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced" - corollary to Clark's Third Law
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 05-13-2002, 01:18 PM

I long for the good ol' days where it was *all* digital projector owners united against the common enemy- CRT. Ya know, maybe this is a plot by the crt owners to weaken the digital crowd. We know Dave is a CRTowner...

Seriously, though, while I understand and appreciate the rationale, the situation is somewhat amusing to me. Having been a lurker for almost 2 years and then finally a poster for several months, I got the impression that the CRT owners looked at the digital crew as rabble rousers, and got their own forum. History repeats itself, and the "high-end" digital crowd now finds itself in the position of the crt crowd from over 2 years ago.

Like I said, I agree with Alan and Dave's reasons for splitting the forum, but it still cracks me up!

-Zak
Rabble Rouser as of 3:15p May 13, 2002
post #33 of 36 Old 05-13-2002, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 45
"Ya know, maybe this is a plot by the crt owners to weaken the digital crowd. We know Dave is a CRTowner... "

DANG!!! I was found out!!! It was all my plan and I roped Alan into it. Naw..forget getting him out of it.... Run Alan...Run!!!! They are on to us.

David Bott
Founder - AVSForum

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged...:)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 Old 05-13-2002, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally posted by shanemac
...I only have one thing to say,

I belong over at the CRT forum - and That's where I'll stay from now on!

I drop by the digital forum now and then - to read a bit, maybe learn something, but I think all this nit-picking, and childish remarks are uncalled for. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it's mostly coming from the under-thirty crowd - because over at the CRT forum I don't see any of this behavior (there is the occasional flame - but it is rare)

I'll continue to enjoy the AVS forum - but I think I'll stick to the CRT forum where I belong. - low key intelligent conversation and helpful questions and solutions.

....one last word to all the whiners (you know who you are) - Grow-up and enjoy life - it's too short to waste time on such silly pursuits.
Shane, you've posted this twice now in two different threads.

I seems to me that you're being far more childish than those you rail against...which says alot about how useless physical age is in determining mental age.

If you're leaving...go. No need to insult us a second time...its only funny in a Python movie.

Nigel
post #35 of 36 Old 05-13-2002, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Hi All...

As mentioned in the large thread in the other forum, it is time to get back to our regularly scheduled program. We will close this this thread, and others like it, within the next few hours.

Thanks

David Bott
Founder - AVSForum

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged...:)

post #36 of 36 Old 05-13-2002, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Dave,
Thanks. It's threads like these that take away from the AVSForum experience. I think I'll go make a life experience decision now that the digital split has occurred. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP