Advertisement

post #214 of 311 Old 11-13-2018, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 12
http://bbs.xgimi.cn/thread-141293-1-1.html
X3 is available though.

Last edited by qoopy; 11-13-2018 at 07:51 PM.
post #215 of 311 Old 11-14-2018, 12:02 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 72
was waiting for 11-11 for them to come up with a 5xxx 4K PJ but nada!
I guess jmgo beat them to it with the X3

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS Pico Handheld
Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #216 of 311 Old 11-15-2018, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi,
I am using Xgimi lune for last 3 months and came to notice some minor issues
01. Some time the pixels jums slightly in between the moving objects expecially during some text display
02. The 3d effect doesnt look great ... The depth calculated by the projector is worng some times resulting the farthest area in the frame pops up in front of you ..

Can anybody help me out to sort thsese issues??
post #217 of 311 Old 11-16-2018, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijocv View Post
...01. Some time the pixels jums slightly in between the moving objects expecially during some text display...
Although I don't own this UST I did see mentioned in reviews/commentary of other similar USTs, some possibilities for your #01 observation. Here is possibilities listed in no particular order:
1. 50Hz sources such as BBC news scrolling tickers have jitters to them as this is a 60Hz projector. The same is not noticed in North America due to broadcasts being in 60Hz. Nothing can be done.
2. Your using a wall as a screen and motion reveals minor imperfections in the wall's surface. You would need a fixed frame screen.
3. One of the projectors motion compensation settings is causing the issue. You could try turning off all of the motion correction settings (if possible) or if the source is not 4K then upscale that source to 4K 60Hz with a AV Receiver, before being sent to the Lune which may let the Lune passthru the source without applying any "motion" massaging.

I'm only spit-balling here but who knows what may help?
bijocv likes this.
post #218 of 311 Old 11-19-2018, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 9
When I switch HDR off on my Lune image is brighter, versus darker image on HDR switched on,
HDR on with dark scenes is a disaster (on regular scenes it looks good) - does anyone experience this too?
post #219 of 311 Old 11-23-2018, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabear84 View Post
Edited:
Thanks for your advice. After rename file extension to .apk1, i can see apk1 file on explorer, and i installed it successfully ^^
Where did you download the apk?

Thanks
post #220 of 311 Old 11-23-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Sorry i don't care much about HDR because my system was built about 5 years ago.

It took 30' to unpack the woody box, and 30' to understand the chinese manual
I thinks it took me 1h30' to build up, and another 1h30' to adjust the wringkles as you can see in the picture. I can get rid of that imperfection until i hung it and tied all the corners ^^

I wrote information on Youtube video
Where did you get the screen from?
post #221 of 311 Old 11-23-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTexter View Post
Hi,

I got my PET CRYSTAL sample from China over the weekend and will have a chance to try it out over the week. They advise here are 3 types that are ALR - PET CRYSTAL, PET GRID and FRESNEL. Below is what I was sent by the manufacturer about each.

"PET Crystal: is the main fabric for ultra short throw anti light market. Its theory is sawtooh structure anti-light. Its advantage is ideal anti-light effect and extra improvement on contrast(10 times than matt white contrast). No white fog effect like common fabric, soft light wont let eyes getting tired even a long time movie seeing. It is very good for child's eyes as well.

The PET Crystal from XY Screen is highest quality A Class screen. The other similar one is Fresnel Screen. Fresnel optical screen is easy to be found among famous luxury brand screen. It has perfect front side viewing effect. But side view has a fast brightness reduction, so view angel is not so wide. It is also only for ultra short throw projector. Since its cost is very expensive, only rich man might consider it. For UST anti-light market, PET crystal is main solution.

Yes, we have the cheaper one PET Grid, is a cheap solution for UST projector. Its surface has rhombic grids and bring a little anti-light effect. Contrast is improved a little too due to its grey color. Its effect is far from PET Crystal or Fresnel screen, but cheap is advantage."

As an FYI, I have a quote from them which suggests the PET CRYSTAL is available in both hard and soft, so "hard" is not just limited to the FRESNEL type screen. I attach the photos the manufacturer sent of both the soft and hard versions. Note, that I cannot get the hard version as I am space limited to must set the screen up insitu, hence I've little info to give about these.

Lastly, I believe many of us would probably consider the PET CRYSTAL or PET GRID so here's a video from Youtube I saw earlier which shows the difference... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTJnxMvOzIM. Per the video, the PET GRID is definitely the weaker option in my opinion.

Hope this helps somewhat. I'll let you know how I get on with the screen sample which I'll be comparing against the ELITESCREEN CLR offering!
Do you mind to share where did you buy the cheap version of the PET Chyrstal screen?
post #222 of 311 Old 11-26-2018, 08:56 PM

Does anyone where to buy a console/entertainment table suitable for UST Projector?
post #223 of 311 Old 11-28-2018, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkurni View Post
Does anyone where to buy a console/entertainment table suitable for UST Projector?
I have this and works quite well with my wemax pro
"Posner TV Stand for TVs up to 65" from wayfair if you are in US
post #224 of 311 Old 11-28-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakrapani siruvuri View Post
Quote:
I have this and works quite well with my wemax pro
"Posner TV Stand for TVs up to 65" from wayfair if you are in US

But where do you put the projector?

I am looking for a tablr that can hide and secure the projector.

thanks
post #225 of 311 Old 11-30-2018, 04:15 AM

Quote:
But where do you put the projector?

I am looking for a tablr that can hide and secure the projector.

thanks
Hiding n securing this projector from dust n kids is a headache !!! So i Suspended the projector from ceiling and inverted the image . Its better to hang it above as the laser glass area will not accumilate dust as its inverted ...
post #226 of 311 Old 11-30-2018, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSammy View Post
Although I don't own this UST I did see mentioned in reviews/commentary of other similar USTs, some possibilities for your #01 observation. Here is possibilities listed in no particular order:
1. 50Hz sources such as BBC news scrolling tickers have jitters to them as this is a 60Hz projector. The same is not noticed in North America due to broadcasts being in 60Hz. Nothing can be done.
2. Your using a wall as a screen and motion reveals minor imperfections in the wall's surface. You would need a fixed frame screen.
3. One of the projectors motion compensation settings is causing the issue. You could try turning off all of the motion correction settings (if possible) or if the source is not 4K then upscale that source to 4K 60Hz with a AV Receiver, before being sent to the Lune which may let the Lune passthru the source without applying any "motion" massaging.

I'm only spit-balling here but who knows what may help?
Hi
Thanks a lot for the propmt reply . Yes I think thats the issue here .. But When I connected the Firestick 4K, it gives better image without flickering issue in most of the cases.
post #227 of 311 Old 11-30-2018, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So I jumped on the bandwagon last night. Lightinthebox says it'll be about a week to deliver. I was really interested in the Lune 4K, but I couldn't find any reputable dealers who were selling it in America, and the ones that did were asking too much. Also, from the specs I've been able to find, it doesn't sound like it gets as bright as the Lune 1080 (2200 ANSI Lumens vs. 2700). I figure once the state of 4K short throw laser projectors settles a bit, I'll reinvestigate.

Did a lot of forum reading before pulling the lever (here and elsewhere). Most people seem to be suggesting that the Lune 1080 is a better product than the equally priced Xioami Mi and Wemax One Pro, but tohami1966 over on the Jmgo U1 4K UST @ $1300 thread suggests that the Lune trails behind the Mi (and the JMGO S2 and JMGO U1) in detail resolution and "degrades UHD signals a lot". Hope that isn't the case. I saw one Russian video that compared the Mi to the Lune, and while the Lune was definitely brighter, some of the color looked a bit washed out, and blacks weren't as dark, but I couldn't tell what settings he was using on the projectors, or if he dialed in any calibrations or whatnot. It's so hard to find good comparisons on these projectors, at least for English speakers.

I plan on doing an unboxing, and first time setup video for this projector since I haven't seen anyone do anything like that for the Lune (or maybe they have, and I've just missed it). Anyhow, I'm excited about this, and am assuming it'll be a big upgrade to the old conventional Acer projector I'm using now.

Source: Windows 10 Pro, i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR676 in a 5.1.2 audio configuration
Video Output: XGIMI Lune (XJ01V), XYScreen Pet Crystal screen
post #228 of 311 Old 12-03-2018, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift View Post
I plan on doing an unboxing, and first time setup video for this projector since I haven't seen anyone do anything like that for the Lune (or maybe they have, and I've just missed it). Anyhow, I'm excited about this, and am assuming it'll be a big upgrade to the old conventional Acer projector I'm using now.
Nice, I am awaiting your Video. Show in your video please if it is able for mounting at ceiling.
Hopefully you will post the link here. Infomation and Videos of Lune are very rare. To bad but well its new product. Isn't it?

regards from Germany
post #229 of 311 Old 12-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCooper View Post
Nice, I am awaiting your Video. Show in your video please if it is able for mounting at ceiling.
Hopefully you will post the link here. Infomation and Videos of Lune are very rare. To bad but well its new product. Isn't it?

regards from Germany
Will do. And yeah, the attention for it kinda sucks, but is understandable since it's a Chinese market product. Xiaomi is a bit bigger company, and more internationally well known, which is probably the main reason their projectors seem to be getting so much more attention.

Currently waiting for the Lune to ship. Lightinthebox made it sound like it was going to ship in a few days, but I'm thinking it won't get delivered now until some time next week at the earliest. Oh well.
post #230 of 311 Old 12-03-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee View Post
XGIMI is a projector company from Chengdu, China founded in 2012. Since then they've built LED projectors including the successful H1 that raised over a million dollars on Indiegogo. Their projectors range from the tiny battery operated CC to the 79999rmb ($12000 USD) T1 4K model.

They've now released their 4th ultra short throw model for the Chinese market called "Lune", which has been generating quite a buzz recently from XGIMI's recent press conference that also revealed the H2 (successor to the H1/H1S).

The Lune retails for 10999RMB, or 1644.54 USD. If this goes international then the prices would probably be closer to $2000. This is still a bargain compared to some of the other competing UST projectors on the market.

This review will discuss the following:

1. XGIMI's information about the Lune

2. Packaging/Exterior

3. Remote control / Built-in Android system

4. Functions and features

5. Video/Imaging/HDR/Audio/Speakers

6. Compared to the Optoma LC2 laser projector

7. Input lag/Power usage/Others

8. Conclusion
Does anyone know where to buy this to ship to USA?

I bought this on LightInTheBox. After paid and get the cybermonday discount, they said it is out of stock.
And they still keep advertise this product.

Will ask for refund and find another store.

Any idea where to start?
post #231 of 311 Old 12-03-2018, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Does anyone know where to buy this to ship to USA?

I bought this on LightInTheBox. After paid and get the cybermonday discount, they said it is out of stock.
And they still keep advertise this product.

Will ask for refund and find another store.

Any idea where to start?
Huh. Weird. LightinTheBox didn't have any in stock at all towards the end of November, and then on the 28th or 29th they showed they had them back in stock, which is when I jumped on it. When I ordered it, I was pleased to see that shipping would be "Expedited Express" (3 - 4 business days), but after a processing issue that involved proving my address, I noticed that the "shipping date" was pushed back to Dec. 8th with the same Expedited shipping method. So, at this rate I'm expecting to see it next week. I wonder if I grabbed the only projector in stock, or if they're just selling them as they get their hands on them.

From my own searching there doesn't appear to be an easier way to get a 1080 Lune outside of eBay, and I suspect LightinTheBox are the same sellers there too. I've read of people seeing them in online stores like Taobao and JingDong, but those websites are all in Chinese, and even after using Google Translate, it doesn't seem easy to process orders through them. Returning a defective device I imagine would be hell.
post #232 of 311 Old 12-03-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift View Post
Huh. Weird. LightinTheBox didn't have any in stock at all towards the end of November, and then on the 28th or 29th they showed they had them back in stock, which is when I jumped on it. When I ordered it, I was pleased to see that shipping would be "Expedited Express" (3 - 4 business days), but after a processing issue that involved proving my address, I noticed that the "shipping date" was pushed back to Dec. 8th with the same Expedited shipping method. So, at this rate I'm expecting to see it next week. I wonder if I grabbed the only projector in stock, or if they're just selling them as they get their hands on them.

From my own searching there doesn't appear to be an easier way to get a 1080 Lune outside of eBay, and I suspect LightinTheBox are the same sellers there too. I've read of people seeing them in online stores like Taobao and JingDong, but those websites are all in Chinese, and even after using Google Translate, it doesn't seem easy to process orders through them. Returning a defective device I imagine would be hell.
How do you know if they have stock or not on the 28th or 29th?

I can order it even today, but they said it is out of stock in my previous order.
post #233 of 311 Old 12-03-2018, 09:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
How do you know if they have stock or not on the 28th or 29th?

I can order it even today, but they said it is out of stock in my previous order.

I, of course, don't know know if they had stock starting on that date (dude is shipping form China, and I'm all the way over here in Ohio). I was simply explaining my own experience. For about a week before the 28th their website stated they were out of stock. I made my purchase when they stated they had stock back in. They might've been lying, but I haven't gotten any notice that my purchase is currently out of stock, so I guess I'll see what happens if next week goes by and I have no Lune.
post #234 of 311 Old 12-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

For anyone who has a Lune in the US (or someplace with comparable standard voltage), will I need a step down converter?

Source: Windows 10 Pro, i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR676 in a 5.1.2 audio configuration
Video Output: XGIMI Lune (XJ01V), XYScreen Pet Crystal screen
post #235 of 311 Old 12-07-2018, 02:52 AM

Somebody knows what kind of 3D Equipment I need to buy.
I found some 3D Glasses made by XGIMI but is it kompatible?

XGIMI 510051 G102L 3D-Glasses

And what else I will need to wacht 3D Content?
post #236 of 311 Old 12-07-2018, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCooper View Post

regards from Germany
Hi , This is Bijo From Kerala , india ..I am using this projector from last 4 months and its pretty amazing !!!! I ve suspended Lune from ceiling and its working well. Give your email id so that I will send you some short video of the prjector if you want ...

Regards,
Ar.Bijo Varghese
Kerala, India
post #237 of 311 Old 12-07-2018, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijocv View Post
Hi , This is Bijo From Kerala , india ..I am using this projector from last 4 months and its pretty amazing !!!! I ve suspended Lune from ceiling and its working well. Give your email id so that I will send you some short video of the prjector if you want ...

Regards,
Ar.Bijo Varghese
Kerala, India
Thx,
but why u don't post some links or picture here?
So every one can see ur examples...
post #238 of 311 Old 12-09-2018, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is very. Impressive. Do you have a link to the screen?

Also guys kind of new and researching. [what’s the difference between this one and the Hisense one that they are asking $9999 for it. is this brighter than the wemax pro? Thank you so much [/I][/I][/I]

Quote:
After long time of research, i took a risk to buy a screen for UST Projectors from China.
It took 2 weeks to delivery, and 4 hours to build, and the result really make me happy.
Now i can replace my TV on my living room ^^
Here's some video

Watch football with the light turn on/off
http://youtu.be/gKDRlVYh7vM

TLC black and white with the light turn on
http://youtu.be/h45zlI3koIg

TLC black and white with the light turn off
http://youtu.be/JUtabKeubFk

http://youtu.be/25NGyKm40b8

http://youtu.be/SRmu6aVSA5Y
post #239 of 311 Old 12-09-2018, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
eBay and jingDong have them, can’t post a link or talk price. Amazon had it for a short time, now it’s “currently unavailable”.
Does jd ships internationally? The site is only in Chinese right?
post #240 of 311 Old 12-10-2018, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanisnyc View Post
Does jd ships internationally? The site is only in Chinese right?

I believe so. It can also be found on Amazon as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP