post #241 of 315 Old 12-13-2018, 12:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCooper View Post
Thx,
but why u don't post some links or picture here?
So every one can see ur examples...
yes .. I ll post it here soon
AMCooper likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 315 Old 12-18-2018, 01:25 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Damn,

I was ready to buy XGIMI LUNE and finaly it is out of stock, wtf (ebay.de).

So where to buy in germany?
post #243 of 315 Old 12-18-2018, 09:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So got the Lune tonight, and upon start up I could hear the left side fan rubbing against something, either the case or some wiring or something. That first start up, I received a warning in English that the fan was locked up and that the projector would turn off automatically. I'm able to minimize the rubbing to the point where it's completely inaudible by lifting the right front side of the projector slightly, but of course, that's only a temporary solution. Anyone have any ideas? I can't imagine the return process through LightInTheBox will be that much fun...

Source: Windows 10 Pro, i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR676 in a 5.1.2 audio configuration
Video Output: XGIMI Lune (XJ01V), XYScreen Pet Crystal screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 315 Old 12-19-2018, 04:37 AM

Just open the case complete and push the wire or what ever in a correct way and close the case. Is n't it so easy?

And few Pictures would be helpfull...
post #245 of 315 Old 12-20-2018, 09:30 PM
Advanced Member

The rubbing noise seems to have resolved itself (I really didn't want to open it). I think I still hear it slightly as the projector is starting up, but so far nothing while it's running. I'll keep an ear on it, and if it gets worse in the next couple months I'll send the projector back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumy View Post
Can you show us a photo of the Lune HDMI port saying 2160p when the actual 4K contents/files are being played? The photos you posted do not show actual 4k contents being played, they are just menu screens which are not HDCP2.2 protected which the Lune can process at 2160p.

As I have pointed out before, my Lune can also display 2160p for bluray player and AV receiver menu screens, but as soon as a true 4K clip/content is played, Lune s HDMI switched back to 1080p.

Unless your Lune is different to mine, when a 4k clip is played, your machine will indicate the change from 2160 to 1080 in the HDMI resolution info shown in your first photo. If you see that, why you did not mention such critical fact? If you do not, please post a photo showing a 4k clip is being played at 2160p.

(You can switch HDMI input back and forth in the middle of a 4K clip playback to verify, as the Lune will display its HDMI resolution. Take a photo to show us.)

For what it's worth, here are my results playing 4k Youtube content on my PC :

Both shots are from the same video. The waviness seen in the first picture is not apparent in real life. Must have something to do with my phone picking up patterns from the PET Crystal screen. The black box at the bottom of that picture is from the info display of my receiver, and as you can see, the resolution remains 4096 x 2160 in the Windows Display Settings drop down. These pics were taken as the video was playing. As you can see from the second pic, when I changed inputs from HDMI 1 to 2, it's showing that it's displaying at 2160@60Hz. I'm getting the same "4k" results when playing 4k content through Kodi. Installing a 4k blu-ray player is on my to-do list. Never was inclined to do so before now, because I didn't have a 4k monitor/projector, and watch most of my content through streaming services.

Last edited by adrift; 12-20-2018 at 09:46 PM.
post #246 of 315 Old 12-20-2018, 09:39 PM
Advanced Member

Does anyone have decent calibration settings for their Lune? The out-of-the-box experience, while vivid, is unnatural. Lighter skin tones tend to be a bit too reddish and dark areas may be slightly too crushing (though this may just be me not used to decent contrast).

Last edited by adrift; 12-23-2018 at 12:19 AM.
post #247 of 315 Old 12-21-2018, 01:25 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi adrift

Thanks for your info and photos, very helpful.

Is your Lune the 1080p model or the 4K model?

(I had a 1080p one and sold it few months ago, now thinking to get the 4K version).

Many thanks
post #248 of 315 Old 12-21-2018, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumy View Post
Hi adrift

Thanks for your info and photos, very helpful.

Is your Lune the 1080p model or the 4K model?

(I had a 1080p one and sold it few months ago, now thinking to get the 4K version).

Many thanks
It's the 1080p model (at least...that's the model I purchased from LightInTheBox... Model XJ01V).
post #249 of 315 Old 12-23-2018, 12:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift View Post
Does anyone have decent calibration settings for their Lune?

No one? You're all going with the out of the box settings?
post #250 of 315 Old 12-23-2018, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hello, I just received my Lune, ( chinese version), how can install apks? A decent configuration?, thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G965U1 mediante Tapatalk
post #251 of 315 Old 12-23-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
For anyone who has a Lune in the US (or someplace with comparable standard voltage), will I need a step down converter?
Hello, no, its 110v-230v.

post #252 of 315 Old 12-23-2018, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Martin de la Llosa View Post
Hello, no, its 110v-230v.

Yep, I figured that out after the fact. Thanks! As far as installing apks, I haven't done so yet, but folks in the Lune 4k thread mentioned having to rename the apk to apk1 for them to work.
post #253 of 315 Old 12-23-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Yep, I figured that out after the fact. Thanks! As far as installing apks, I haven't done so yet, but folks in the Lune 4k thread mentioned having to rename the apk to apk1 for them to work.
Ok..thanks...Now I was using Nvidia Shield...but i want to try it..thanks again

post #254 of 315 Old 12-23-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
No one? You're all going with the out of the box settings?
Yes, I need that also

adrift likes this.
post #255 of 315 Old 12-24-2018, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
How is the boot time of the Lune?
post #256 of 315 Old 12-26-2018, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 5

xgimi lune with english menu
adrift likes this.
post #257 of 315 Old 12-26-2018, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Very cool adra. I'm assuming this is yours, correct? How did you go about loading the English menu? Also, I'm assuming this is the standard Lune 1080p, and not the 4k model, correct?

post #258 of 315 Old 12-26-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Very cool adra. I'm assuming this is yours, correct? How did you go about loading the English menu? Also, I'm assuming this is the standard Lune 1080p, and not the 4k model, correct?
Lune 4k also can add english menu!!!
post #259 of 315 Old 12-26-2018, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by adra View Post
any step by step process?
also applicable with other Xgimi CH pj?

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS Pico Handheld
Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #260 of 315 Old 12-27-2018, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Excelent Adra, can you share how did you convert to english? Thanks

post #261 of 315 Old 12-31-2018, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

Just a heads-up for anyone curious about the English menus. It appears that adra is selling the software upgrade rather than offering it for free. You have to go to his Youtube video page where he requires you to message him privately using contact information he has linked under the video (which directs to a popular Chinese email/IM service). After emailing him, he informed me that different Lune models require different software (fair enough), and then a few days after that he wrote back stating, "Hello, it’s not free will you pay to made a software?", which...I declined.

He may be completely above board for all I know, but all of the odd cloak and dagger stuff didn't really sit well with me. Paying for software that may have the potential of bricking your system is more risk than I'm willing to take (and I feel I've already taken enough risk with this projector as is). Like I said, I could be completely wrong about this, and it may be completely worth it, just thought I'd share my experience in case others are interested.

post #262 of 315 Old 01-01-2019, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Just a heads-up for anyone curious about the English menus. It appears that adra is selling the software upgrade rather than offering it for free. You have to go to his Youtube video page where he requires you to message him privately using contact information he has linked under the video (which directs to a popular Chinese email/IM service). After emailing him, he informed me that different Lune models require different software (fair enough), and then a few days after that he wrote back stating, "Hello, it’s not free will you pay to made a software?", which...I declined.

He may be completely above board for all I know, but all of the odd cloak and dagger stuff didn't really sit well with me. Paying for software that may have the potential of bricking your system is more risk than I'm willing to take (and I feel I've already taken enough risk with this projector as is). Like I said, I could be completely wrong about this, and it may be completely worth it, just thought I'd share my experience in case others are interested.
i just order xgimi lune from people, when i get it ,he add english in xgimi lune .that email not me ! i just tell the people . it is possible !!!
post #263 of 315 Old 01-01-2019, 01:20 AM

Quote:

when i know xgimi lune only has chinese amd we can not change xgimi lune to english so i spend some time to look for it . now i get it and i share it
post #264 of 315 Old 01-01-2019, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
i just order xgimi lune from people, when i get it ,he add english in xgimi lune .that email not me ! i just tell the people . it is possible !!!
Quote:
when i know xgimi lune only has chinese amd we can not change xgimi lune to english so i spend some time to look for it . now i get it and i share it

Sounds good. I apologize if my tone was incriminating, the circumstances just seemed odd to me, and I wanted to let others know what to expect.

post #265 of 315 Old 01-04-2019, 06:17 PM

Hello folks

I am desperate. I really like to buy XGIMI LUNE but it seems like world wide it is out of stock. I don't know if I should wait for XGIMI LUNE or I buy alternative wemax aka Xiaomi.
Now I'm waiting since 4 weeks for XGIMI LUNE and nothing happens. What should I do?
post #266 of 315 Old 01-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCooper View Post
Hello folks

I am desperate. I really like to buy XGIMI LUNE but it seems like world wide it is out of stock. I don't know if I should wait for XGIMI LUNE or I buy alternative wemax aka Xiaomi.
Now I'm waiting since 4 weeks for XGIMI LUNE and nothing happens. What should I do?

No one can (or should) tell you what to do, but as far as I can tell, the XGIMI Lune is still "in stock" at LightInTheBox. Personally, I don't think it's actually in stock, rather, what I think they do is pretend to have it in stock, then when you put in a purchase order, they find/buy it from the wholesaler, and resell it at a profit as a third party. I actually bought my XGIMI Lune from LightInTheBox for cheaper than it's showing up now, but if you look, you might find discounts for it. Tracking the package was a bit of a nightmare, but it eventually got to me about 3 or so weeks later.

Things to consider: On paper (and supposedly in real world tests) the Lune (and we're talking about the cheaper, "XJ01V" 1080p Lune which "supports" 4k, and not the more expensive "XJ02P" 4k Lune which is pseudo-native 4k) is brighter than the Wemax One Pro. The 1080p Lune XJ01V supposedly clocks in at 2700 ANSI Lumens. The Wemax One Pro supposedly clocks in at something like 2300 ANSI lumens. And just for completion sake, the 4k Lune XJ02P clocks in at, I think, 2200 ANSI Lumens? (maybe less)? The Xiaomi Mi I think does something under 1800 ANSI Lumens. None of this might matter if you have a decent PET Crystal screen (though some have reported the Xiaomi Mi being too dark on that screen), but in my experience, the brighter the better.

As an aside, I've personally read some folks comparing the XGIMI 1080 XJ01V Lune and Wemax One Pro, and preferring the overall output of the Lune to the Wemax (and Xiaomi Mi). On the other hand, the Wemax can be bought by more reputable sellers than LightInTheBox (I've bought Xioami products off of Gear Best for instance, and think they're more professional than LightInTheBox). The Wemax can also be found pre-configured in English, while both Lunes are currently only sold in Chinese (though the AVS poster adra has demonstrated that both Lunes can be configured in English, but hasn't supplied information on how that is accomplished yet). Xioami, who is likely the the parent company of Fengmi, the company that produces the Wemax, is also bigger than XGIMI, and may be more likely to respond to warranty requests. So, in the end, the Lune may be the better product, but the Wemax One Pro may be the more accommodating and least risky venture (assuming you don't live in China).

If I were to buy my projector all over again, I think I may take less risk over better picture, but buying anything from China directly is a bit of a gamble. Heck, depending on where you live, getting a more expensive American/European projector might be the best bet overall. I can tell you one thing, an American/European projector will be easier to calibrate, and warranty than a Chinese one. Course, it'll also be much more expensive. Lots of decisions.

Last edited by adrift; 01-04-2019 at 08:29 PM.
post #267 of 315 Old 01-05-2019, 07:22 AM

Thank you for your quick and great reply. Am deeply interested in Modell J01V. I am from Germany. On a German eBay page it seems like I could order the 4K version. But it is €1,000 more expensive. At least I would spend around €3,000 including tax and zoll. This is just to much. Ok I will hold the position for two more weeks and observe the market like lightinthebox and whatever and wherever. If nothing happens I will buy wemax one Pro. And anyway I will build a UST DIY screen. Order from http://www.carlofet.com/ultra-short...-material.html.
Actually I rebuild my living room complete new and it is actually almost naked. Naked walls, naked ceiling, no furnitures. I already have all parts I need for my new home cinema adventure but still missing Beamer. Time is running. This is why I'm desperate.

Last edited by AMCooper; 01-05-2019 at 07:28 PM.
post #268 of 315 Old 01-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Advanced Member

So I've been playing around with calibrating the projector myself for a few days, and I don't know how this happened or what exactly I did to get it, but I somehow found a secret menu (or, at least, unknown to me) with lots of English settings called a "Design Menu". The edge of the picture bleeds onto the felt border a bit, but I didn't think it was that bad. At any rate, you can clearly make out what the menu offers:

I was in the normal Chinese picture settings mode, and messing with the Temperature controls. I may have clicked the OK button on the remote on "User" or something, but I haven't been able to replicate what I did. As you can see, I was able to control the English menu and go into submenus. One submenu I didn't photograph said something about "Watch Dog" which I initially turned off (assuming it was some sort of Chinese internet watchdog thing or something), but then turned it back on again because I was nervous about breaking something and not getting back to this menu again. Anyhow, I don't know if it was simply a glitch, or something I did in the picture controls, or even some sort of weird controller code I unintentionally entered, but I thought others might want to know about this.

Last edited by adrift; 01-06-2019 at 10:24 PM.
post #269 of 315 Old 01-07-2019, 02:38 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 76
it's in the "about" menu then press the Left Key a few times & this will come out, just be careful as one of the menu can reset the machine to factory default

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS Pico Handheld
Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #270 of 315 Old 01-07-2019, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelee View Post
it's in the "about" menu then press the Left Key a few times & this will come out, just be careful as one of the menu can reset the machine to factory default
Oh wow. Huh. I'm surprised no one in this thread has said anything about it till now. I could see this being pretty useful, especially when doing calibration. Do you know what that Watch Dog feature is that I mentioned seeing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP