Originally Posted by Ofir Kris
There is an indicator on top left showing 2160P 60Hz + Netflix video info is showing the quality too, tested on 1080P HDR as well. (only through PSP app)
Any idea why the wifi won't connect? (tried 2.4 + 5hz with no success)
If your fielding questions then inquiring minds would like to know:
1. What color and/or image settings are included with the projector as I think they were lacking on the 1080p Lune?
2. Does the PJ support 3D and if it does how is the quality? I'm fairly sure the adverts said it does support 3D.
3. What level of ambient light washes out the image? Below I outlined a way to measure amount of ambient light so that we can all subjectively relate to the wash out you are experiencing.
Measuring ambient light:
- Install a lux meter app on your phone such as Lux Light Meter
- Point the phone at the screen with the projector off so we can get a rough idea how much ambient light is hitting the projector screen.
- For the app referenced above click "Read" to the left of the settings icon. The pop-up will display text with the bottom bullet describing the supported lux sensitivity range of your phone's light sensor. Please include those range values along with the average lux ambient light reading you get.
Note that the light sensor on a phone is actually front facing so you need to point the front of the phone at the screen area.
Here's an example of my phone's (Oneplus 5) showing a sensor range of 0-3267 lux or from 0.0-3044.2 foot-candles. My screen area measured a 1 avg and 2 max Lux with the balcony window as 9 avg and 14 max on a dull overcast mid morning day. I have blackout curtains shielding the screen area from other window light but they were drawn back on the balcony window. Ambient light is not directly on the screen area but mainly from the back of the room where the balcony's light reflects.
I think that you may have better luck with getting Android TV streaming apps installed (e.g. Netflix) if you side loaded Aptoide TV
which is like a Google Playstore for Android TV but is often used to work around the issues your experiencing. Here is Aptoide TV's web site
with details on what it can do for you.